61%

It rained the day that Phil Lester came home.

He didn't call me like he said he would. and I stayed up late for nothing. His mother didn't ask me to come with her to pick him up from the airport, and it occurred to me that maybe Phil hadn't told his parents about us yet.

He texted me when he was home, told me to come over for a bit since his parents were throwing him a little party at his house.

I took my time walking there, since it was raining and I enjoyed the rain. I never really liked the humidity after it pours, but the smell of the air before it starts is amazing. When I got to the alleyway, there was a figure standing at the end of it with their hood on. I hung my head and continued walking, shoving my hands in the pocket of my jacket.

When I reached them, they grabbed my arm and held it tight. I stared at the person with fear until they started laughing.

"You're a real douche, you know that?"

PJ shrugged, releasing me from his grasp. "It comes naturally to me."

We laughed as if nothing before had happened, and then fell into a silence so awkward that I would rather jump of a bridge than be standing there. PJ liked the rain too. I should've known it was him because he always used to stand here when it rained like this. Addicts never came out when it rained like this.

"Listen, Dan. I'm really sorry. I acted so stupid."

"Yeah. I know."

"I was just really jealous. Do you know what it's like to be in love with somebody for half your life, only to have them fall for somebody else."

"You should've told me sooner. We could've worked it out, or stopped the crush before it got to far." I explained, pulling my head lowered over my forehead.

PJ shrugged. "Love is inevitable when you're me."

"You know what else is inevitable when you're you?"

"What?"

"Being a prick. Bye."

"Dan!" He called after me, seizing my arm again and pulling me back. I shook myself out of his hold. "I just want to be friends again."

"We're way past that now." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. Just wanted you to know that I'm sorry."

"Goodbye." I said again, walking away from him once more.

PJ didn't try to stop me this time, and I felt remorse for a moment. It quickly disappeared.