97%

"He was the first person I told that I was gay." I shrugged. Phil held the side of my cheek closer to his chest, and he rested his chin against on top of my head. "Cause I could trust him like that. We would go to the roller skating rink every weekend, and he would check out the girls. Or maybe the guys, I don't really know. And I told him I was gay, and he told me it was alright. It was a good day."

"From all these stories, you guys seemed to have a lot of fun." Phil said. I felt his jaw move up and down as he talked.

"He was my best friend." I shrugged, and Phil held me tighter.

"I can't help but feel I split you two up."

"It was his doing, really." I said. "He decided to date you."

"I said yes."

"I said yes to the bet in the first place."

"You're right, it's all your fault." He kissed the top of my head.

"Is this what blue feels like?" I asked him.

"This is grey."

"Grey?"

"Depressed. Isolation. Sad stuff like that. Can I tell you something you gotta promise not to tell Adrian?"

"What?" I tilted my head to look up at him.

"Martyn's girlfriend's sister works at a boarding school for young artists. It's usually really expensive, but she's willing to give Adrian a free scholarship."

I sat up. "You're kidding."

Phil shook his head.

"He'll freak out!" I smiled. "I mean, I'll have to talk to my mom, but I'm sure she'll be fine with it."

"It's no problem, really. Martyn's loved you ever since you shocked my parents that one night."

I felt my face go red. "Oh yeah. Sorry about that."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Don't apologize! That night was awesome! I mean, besides the part where they kicked me out but everything before that was great. Dan, I'm really sorry about PJ."

"I don't even wanna think about it. It feels really fake, you know? Like he's gonna call me in a few minutes."

"I understand... I lost someone important to me too. It was hard on me and Martyn."

"Who did you lose?"

"My toads. They lived a good life."

~~~

A/N: I kind of want to do a Q and A so if I get a good amount of Quintessentials I'll answer some Quails ;)