5. Surprise or shock? (I)

Here's my dilemma
One half of me wants ya
And the other half wants to forget
My - my - my dilemma
From the moment I met ya
I just can't get you out of my head

And I tell myself to run from you
But I find myself attracted to
my dilemma
My dilemma, it's you, it's you

Your eyes have told a thousand lies,
But I believe them when they
look in mine.
I heard the rumors but you
won't come clean,
I guess I'm hoping it's because of me.

-Selena Gomez

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

"And I know, what I know, and I know you're not good for me," I yell my lungs out, bobbing my head to the beat, "Yeah I know, what I know,and I know it's not meant to be..."

"Jeez Ki!" Ashton snaps as he leans forward to reduce the volume a little, "Stop braying. Have mercy in my eardrums!"

I shoot him a lethal look. "Under no circumstances must you ever mock my nightingale voice."

"Will you ever grow up?"

"What for? I'm just waiting for Peter Pan to pick me up! Who the hell even wants to be an adult?"

"Ki, you already are."

I glower at him, "Age is just a number. But, I'll let you go this time if you tell me the 'The three magic words' every girl wants to hear."

"What three words?" He asks me in panic.

"Loosen up. I'm just telling you to say 'We Have Food'. Those words would brighten up my day." I say, rolling my eyes.

He chuckles. "Open the basket in the backseat. Mom prepared pancakes." A pause. "And maybe a packet of double stuf Oreos."

A grin lights up my face. At once, I reach out for the basket. After a series of gymnastics, I pull it to the front and open it eagerly. The aroma wafts up my nose.

My stomach rumbles.

Your heart is where the kitchen is.

We are two miles away from our destination when Bella phones us. Gobbling down the last slice Oreo, I reach out to answer it.

Ashton grimaces at my manners.

"Where are you guys?" She shrieks through the phone, "We've reached already and have been waiting for you for the past twenty minutes."

I keep the phone a good ten inches away from my phone when I answer her, "We'll be there in twenty more minutes, Bells. Stop panicking and breathe. We're safe."

"How can I? And wait, it's not you guys, I care a damn about. That's my baby you are driving today! How is she? Is she okay? Did you dash her anywhere? Does she have a scratch?"

"Your Precious is still safe and sound." I mutter, rolling my eyes.

"Did Ash ever drive her above the speed limit or eat in the car and make a mess?"