9. Revenge gone wrong

A/N EDITED: Rereading my book and still cringing from secondhand embarrassment at this scene LOL.

⬛️⬛️⬛️

Teleporting back to the pack house, I find myself coming to an abrupt halt at the doorstep. Confusion replaces the furious look on my face as I take a cautious step inside.

Inside is a sight that startles the eye.

"What on earth are you guys doing?" I ask warily watching the twins attempting to gauge each other's eyes out. "Did I teleport myself to the wrong place again?"

But it's as good as talking to a wall, because they are too immersed in their war to spare me a reply.

My eyes land on Nora, who like me, is watching the duo duel with fascination. Her hands are gripping the bowl of popcorn and chewing noisily. When she sees me staring, she gives me her signature grin.

"What bit them?" I ask her, pointing my finger at the two morons now rolling on the floor. "Rabid dogs? Vampires? Demons? Pixies?"

She laughs. "It's something they both ate." A pause. "Technically, they haven't eaten it yet. It's just-"

She's cut of abruptly when Nick let's out a loud war cry. "That belongs to me! You get it? Mine. It's only mine. Not yours."

"Well, I am going to eat it. You had the first two slices, the last belongs to me!"

"I always knew you suck at math, but I had no idea you were this bad!" He retorts as Max struggles to push him off, "You can't take all the four slices and claim it's yours! For the love of Selene, you've already eaten three! How hungry are you!?"

"In my defence, I'm a growing boy. I need food."

Interested by their argument, I find myself leaning to pick up the slice of pizza on the table and nibble on it, watching them all the time. "Wow, these guys really know how to put up a good fight."

"I know right?" Nora chuckles, her eyes never leaving the two idiots still on the floor, "Never a dull day with these two around."

"Brother or no, I'm going to rip you apart if you even touch that pizza! One touch, Max, and hell is just inches away!"

"Oh shut up! Like that even scares me anymore!" Max snaps back.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember, I'm supposed to go and make arrangements for Aden's death. I'm supposed to go and stop the fight. But at the moment, I'm too hooked to the show to care. So, I lean against the wall and take another bite of the pizza.

Well, what about to your wonderful plans to assassinate our moronic ex-mate? Zara, my wolf, reminds me. I was looking forward to that.

I have a plan, I tell her, still not making the effort to move. And it's going to work.

But I doubt she believes me.

"You know what?" Max concedes as his twin finally gets off him and gives him a hand, glowering all the time. "I have a deal. Let's share. Equally."

"I say we buy another one."

"By all means, be my guest. Just remember, I won't pay a penny for anything that goes down your throat."

Nick glares at him. An internal battle rages between them. I'm positive their spewing curses at each other through their twin bond. "It's not fair." He complains aloud. "I'm younger than you. I should get more."

"And fatter too. What's your point?"

For a moment I'm sure he's going rip his brother's head from his body. Instead, he throws his hands up in defeat. "Fine. This better be worth the black eye I got."