13. You'll know it tonight

A big thank you to madelynrm_23 for the lovely picture of Kiara . Her eyes are simply perfect! :)

You can send me banners at
christinelovedale99@gmail.com . I'd love to put them up.

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

A/N (edited): I apologize for the confusion. I republished the old version because the entire chapter was accidentally erased while I was editing a few grammar mistakes. Fortunately, the previous history still contained the erased version. (dated 20/11/20)

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

THE NIGHT PASSES swiftly. Morning approaches much sooner than I expect. The sun peeks through the curtains, filling the room with daylight, until it's impossible for me to sleep anymore.

Tossing the duvet away, I drag myself to the bathroom to get ready. I shower quickly. Brush my teeth. Dry my hair. When I step out, I realize I have just fifteen minutes more.

"Ki!" A familiar voice hollers downstairs. "Why the hell aren't you down yet? I told you to be ready on time!"

"I'm coming!" I mumble back, my mouth full of hairpins, "Gimme a sec!"

"Hurry up!"

Spitting out the pins, I grab my hair and pull it into a messy bun. With my feet halfway in my sneakers, I rush downstairs to meet the grumpy Alpha.

He thrusts me two bananas when I come to screeching stop at the foot of the stairs. "Eat. Dylan and Jared left ages ago, and now we're only ones who are late."

Chomping on the banana, I take his hand in mine when he moves forward. He looks at me in confusion.

"I'll teleport us there."

He rolls his eyes. "Of course you will. You remember to use your Gift only during situations like these."

I glower at him, my mouth full of fruit. "Are you ever going to let that go?"

"No." He replies, quite simply.

Stuffing the last of the banana into my mouth, I swallow it down hastily and then close my eyes in concentration.

"Hurry up, will you?" He hisses in my ear. I don't reply, instead tighten my grip on his hand.

I focus on the destination—on the Dark Wild Pack house. My feet are lifted off the ground, my body hurtling through space, and Ashton's hand wrapped tightly in mine. Flashes of the forest fly past us and in seconds we are already at the threshold.

"Ouch!"

"Watch it!"

It takes me a moment to regain my balance, unlike Ashton who landed on his feet. His arm goes around my waist, steadying me while my head is still a bit dizzy. "Are you okay?" He repeats, when finally let go of him and stand upright.

I nod. Pushing the door open, we stride through the empty living room, towards the conference room upstairs.

"I'm still a bit unsure about the place." He admits. "I could never get a hang of this place even when I was a frequent visitor."