57. Always have, always will (II)

[IMPORTANT]
WARNING: There's fine line between spicy and smutty and I tether right at the edge in this chapter. So under 16 wattpaders, proceed with caution.

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️

I've been hearing symphonies
Before all I heard was silence
A rhapsody for you and me
And every melody is timeless
Life was stringing me along
Then you came and you cut me loose
Was solo singing on my own
Now I can't find the key without you

—Clean Bandit (Symphony)

⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️

K I A R A

I'VE RUN OUT of words.

Because he's here at my doorstep with his face—so heartbreakingly beautiful—scrunched up as he waits for me to say something.

But I don't. I can't.

"I should've said this the day I found you." He goes on."But I'm not good with words. Never have been. I screw up the second I open my mouth."

I tug at his wrist and lead him into my room. Feel the heat emanate from him as the door shuts behind us.

"I'm sorry." He says again, nervous by the growing silence between us. "For what I did, and even more for what I didn't do. I was too much of a coward to stand up for you when you needed me the most."

"Is that all?"

I watch the way he bites his lip. Is he afraid? Nervous?  Good, he should be. "If say more I'll ruin it again, somehow." He replies.

"Try." I say. "I've got time."

My palm rests on his chest. I hear his heart hammering underneath the thin fabric of his shirt. Tentatively, he lifts his hand and rests it against my cheek, and I find myself leaning into his warmth, seeking more.

With my free hand, I interlock our fingers.

"This–this," His gaze shifts as he stares at the way his calloused hand moulds perfectly with mine. A blend of destruction and healing. Of rage and calm. One incomplete without the other. "I want you to know it's not just the bond. This simply strengthens what was already present. This feeling, I—Kiara, the way I feel about you, it started a long time ago."

From childhood friends,

To crushes,

To comrades,

And soulmates—tied by a bond as ancient as time.

"Somehow, deep down I had known without knowing I belonged to you and you alone. I'm in love with you, Kiara. Then, now, forever. But if–if," He rasps, his grey eyes drawn to my mouth. "If you don't feel the same way, I completely understand. I deserve—"

The rest of the words are lost when I close the gap between us.

I kiss him—with all I have—fiercely, feverishly as I pour all those unsaid words into that one gesture. That one kiss. And it takes him by complete surprise.

I hear the sharp intake of breath, the stutter that dies in his throat before his hands wind around the nape of my neck. Trail up and knot in my hair as he begins to kiss me back.

Tears roll down his cheeks when I pull away.

"So I take it, you..."

I lean in and press my lips on the tears. First on one, then the other. "Yes." I answer him.