36. Death can't keep us away, love

⬛️⬛️⬛️

⬛️⬛️⬛️

My soulmate is out there somewhere, pushing a pull door... I just know it.

⬛⬛⬛

THE CLAN OF THE HYBRID HOUND

Myths Debunked.

▪️The roots of the clan, in more recent times can be traced back to February 12, 666 Anno Domini, when a young Tyrus Custos, created an immortal being from mortal materials. The secret of the creation has since been known as one of the profundest conspiracies that ever happened.

▪️This immortal being, a diabolical half-man, half-hellhound came to be known as Greyhound. Unfortunately, many people often mistake him for a black wolf because his appearance is deceiving, but the truth is that it is the blood of a hellhound that runs in this veins.

▪️No creature is immortal. Death comes to us all. The same is the case with the Custos and their creations. Their powers maybe be enhanced, their strength magnified a hundred times, their lifespan lengthened up to a ten thousand years, but eventually they all mingle with the dust.
Greyhound is no different, although old folk tales often state otherwise. Like all living beings, he too has weaknesses which will lead to his destruction.

▪️But before we get to the main topic, background knowledge of The Clan is necessary.

▪️Created after the murder of Tyrus Custos, these people became the followers of Greyhound.

▪️The aims of the Clan are summed up in three points:

1. Abolition of the Pack System.

2. Abolition of territories.

3. Abolition of religion.

The worship of the Moon Goddess, Selene, will be replaced by the worship of "magic" - sorcery.

Some of the directives or maxims of this radical community are exposed in a separate book, 'The Lies of the Lords' (first published in 695 AD).

Hunched over the ancient book, with a box of chocolate cookies at my side, I continue reading, intrigued.

The clock strikes two in the morning as I turn the page. I yawn tiredly. If only this wasn't so important, I would have dozed off already.

"Hey, look at this." Ashton showsme a piece of paper that had been ripped off. "Page 6783. This doesn't seem to be of this book."

I observe carefully. He's right. "It's a map of some sort." I say, frowning. "It seems different from ours though."