Chapter Three "You're in danger."

Chapter Three

Chapter Song: Broken - Lifehouse

Elena's Point of View

I woke up to talking downstairs and the sun beating down on my face from behind the curtains. I threw the blanket off of me and walked into the bathroom.

What happened last night?

I splashed some cold water on my face and towel dried. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, taking a breather.

I wanted to go home.

I opened the door and walked downstairs quietly. I saw everyone downstairs but Austin wasn't in sight.

I stepped down from the last stair and Robert turned his head to spot me.

"Hey I'm sorry for last night. I kn-" I cut him off. "No it's okay. I just want to go home and forget everything that happened last night." I looked down and sighed, I could feel Robert's gaze on me.

"Elena, you can't go home."

What did I just here?

I can't go home?

Say's who?

"Excuse me?" "I said you can't go home. Austin has to come here first, I'm sure he'll explain."

Austin? Wow. You've got to be kidding.

"I demand to go home. I don't give two shits about whatever the hell Austin's apart of."

Just then the door opened to a familiar figure, Austin.

Austin's Point of View

Casey was sleeping under the sheets as I took a drag of a cigarette trying to forget about Elena last night. I put my clothes back on and left without saying, or doing anything. I was off to my house to see what's going on with Elena.

Damn she's a handful and annoying. But now I'm stuck with her. I pulled up and got through the door.

Elena turned her head after it looked like she was taking to Robert.

She lasted the night.

"Come here." I walked towards the back balcony and waited for Elena to follow behind.

She dropped her head and walked slowly behind me.

I shut the door and leaned against the ledge.

"We need to talk."

"Damn right we need to talk! You can't just bring me to somewhere in the woods and have me as your 'business' or whatever the hell it is. Then just take me here and leave me in your room to sleep and you take off somewhere all night! What the fuck is that?"

I ran my fingers through my hair. She makes me so frustrated.

"You can't leave and act normal anymore. You're in danger and you can get killed very easy."

She stood there shocked, and a little confused. I don't blame her.

"What do you mean?" She lowered her tone. "You need to be aware of your surroundings. Business knows who you are now."

"Woah woah woah, what's business?"

"They call us The Chargers, our gang name. We run the town and we don't put up with shit. If you even make contact with us, anyone knows you're bait. Simple as that. So, don't do anything dumb. This is serious."

"Oh.." She kept her head down and fumbled her fingers, she's scared.

"Now go." I pointed towards the door and she left with no questions.

Now, how is this going to go.

Elena's Point of View

You're in danger and you can get killed very easy.

Those words haunted me. Normal life? I don't have a normal life. Running away from the cops around the country for 13 years is normal? Having an abusive mother is normal? Being that broken little girl is normal?

Nothing is normal in my life.

I found myself breaking down crying in the bus going home. People were staring, but nobody gets it. Nobody gets me.

On top of all the shit I already have in my life, now getting killed and put in danger is with it.

Like a whole package.

-

When I got home I went up to my room. I went up to the mirror.

My heart was beating,

My head was pounding,

My stomach was turning,

I ran my fingers through my hair.

Stop. Please Stop.

I gently lay on my bed to take a nap, make the pain and fear go away.

I was knocked out in less then a minute.

Sarah's Point of View

Is she okay?

Is she hurt?

Is she scared?

All these things ran through my mind. I was once her, when I met Alex.

I was late Christmas shopping for family and friends at the mall. I needed one more thing, something for my mom. I walked into a store with older looking women around there fourty's or fifty's.

I guess somehow my keys fell out of my coat pocket and got stuck under a display counter.

I knelt down and tried grabbing them. Using my finger but I couldn't get them. I used the light from my phone screen to see the exact spot to where they fell. No one came around to help me. How nice.

I saw a boy walking towards me, maybe he will help.

He had fair long hair, a nice brown to it. He smiled and actually helped me.

"Happened to me before." He smirked and handed me the keys. "So what's your name?"

"Sarah."

"Well hi Sarah, I'm Alex. So uh, what are you doing at a store for older women." He teased.

"Well, actually getting a gift for my mom."

"Ah let me help you." He pulled out a beautiful pair of studded earings and handed them to me.

"Thank you." I gave him a warm smile. "Well I better get going, it was nice to meet you Sarah."

"You too Alex."

He walked away, waving.

After that day I saw him at school and got to know him a little better.

When we became a couple, that's when he broke the news to me. I felt the same way Elena probably is feeling right now. But Alex told me he would do anything to protect me.

And really, I'm in this big ol' mess along with the rest of them.

I learned to be a fighter and actually became stronger and open.

Weird.

But to this day, I'm still scared. I know Elena can get through it.

She can, and she will.

Elena's Point of View

I woke up feeling better.

I drank some water and looked at the storm out of the window, I love storms.

Me and my dad use to look out the window and watch all the strikes of lighting. My favorite ones were the ones that lit up the whole room.

Anyways, I sat on the couch and sat on my laptop trying to clear my mind.

I knew Austin was bad from the beginning, why did I follow him in the first place?