Chapter Twenty Six "I'm just trying to protect us."

Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Song: All Fall Down - OneRepublic

Elena's Point of View

Well, here we are. School started back up again after a whole week off.

"Elena!" I turned around and was startled by Sarah running into me, giving me a bone crushing hug. "How was Chicago?"

Oh it was great! Dean attacked me and basically raped me. How was your Thanksgiving weekend?

"It's a beautiful city, just really cold and snowy around this time. Anyways, it was nice to see my family that I have never met before. They're great." I smiled, bringing my bags' strap up to my shoulder.

Sarah doesn't know what happened. I told Alex not to say anything to her. It would break her heart, and I know all she wants is for me to be happy.

"Hey babe." I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. "Goodmorning." He kissed my cheek.

Sarah's jaw dropped. "Are you two a thing!?"

I nodded and laughed.

"I knew something was going on between you two! I called it!" She clapped her hands and cheered.

She was the one who would always tell me about us. I mean always. That girl always knew something. I was to blind to see it because I hated Austin when I first met him. He was such a conceited asshole, who was so controling over everyone and everything.

Alright I'm going to stop now because he is my boyfriend now.

"Sha'll we go to English, ladies?"

"Yeah, I'm suprised you're even willing to go." I said shocked.

"Of course I don't want to go, but I know school is important to you. So go."

Everyone in the hall was finishing conversations, and making their way to class.

"To room B210 we go."

At lunch Sarah came with me to go buy a salad. $3 for a regular salad, and $5 for a chicken one. This pricing is insane.

I bought the regular salad with a water and walked my way to the lunch table. Before I could make it, I got interupted by a familar voice.

"Elena!" I stopped walking and turned around on my heel.

"Tyler?"

"Hey, long time no talk, huh?"

The bell rang and I caught up with Tyler in the hall. "Hey, It's been a while since we've talked," Tyler said. "Yeah I know. I'm just running around everywhere." "Hey how about on Friday I pick you up and we can go see a movie and just talk." "Sound great to me!" "Alright well see you in art." "Bye."

Holy shit it's been like a month since the last time we talked. I was in the hospital when I had to cancel on him.

"Uh yeah, how about we talk about at your table."

Sarah cut in. "Elena, Austin-"

"I'll see him after school."

I took a seat at Tyler's lunch table. I needed to tell him what has been going on. He's one of my close friends and he deserves to know what goes on.

How can I lie to him anyways?

So, the whole 15 minutes I told him everything...excluding the Dean situation.

After school I caught up with Austin. He looked mad at me for some reason.

"What the fuck did I tell you?" He sneered.