Chapter Thirty Five "Pretty faces don't last long."

Dedicated to _loving_mahone

Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Song: Forever - Red

Elena's Point of View

The sun shine through the window this morning, and I love it. The brighter the day, the happier it'll be.

I was sitting down on my bed writing down in my journal. I was scribbling down all my thoughts. I've been doing it for the last two weeks now and it really helps. It's a better way of actual therapy for me at least.

I closed my journal and set it back in my dresser. I walked into my bathroom and took my depressants.

I walked down the stairs to grab my bag for school. My keys were on the counter.

"Bye Grandma I'm going to school." I shouted before I walked out the door.

-

It was finals week and I'm not prepared at all. It's almost like I forgot I was at school.

I met up with Sarah to go walk to english.

"So are you ready for this final?" She asked me.

"Not at all. Life distracted me."

We walked through the door and I found my desk with my bubble sheet. I groaned looking at the 100 questions.

I've never taken a final before so this is going to be so different for me.

Austin's Point of View

"So what's going up?" I asked.

All of us were in the kitchen this morning making the final touches to our plan.

"Were almost done." Sean said.

"I can't sit here an wait any longer." I stood up from the table and grabbed my car keys to go for a ride.

I opened the door and walked over to my car.

Before I opened the door I froze. It was the tree.

I walked closer to it and looked up, the blood still dripping.

"Holy shit."

It was Casey's dead body hanging up from the tree, her neck freshly sliced open.

There was a small piece of paper taped to her foot. I picked it up and opened it.

Pretty faces don't last long, neither will your girl. She's next.

I crumpled up the note and yelled before barging through the door of the house.

"That plan better be fucking done no later than 4 today."

"Damn what's up your ass?" Zach laughed.

"Go fucking see yourself." I slammed the note on the counter then left again.

Elena's Point of View

After school Austin picked me up and drive out to a field.

"So I wanted to ask you something." Austin said, caressing my hand.

"Spit it out."

"Well Christmas is coming up," he paused. "I was thinking of going to go see my mom. I was wondering if you would come with me, well because I haven't seen her in two years."

"I would love to go with you. It would be nice to meet your mom as well. I bet she's 1000x better than my mom was." I half smiled.

"What if she doesn't want to see me?"

"Don't doubt yourself. You're her son, why would she not want to see you? It's been two years Austin."

"I left her just to be in a gang," he sighed. "Do you know how stupid and pathetic that sounds?"

Austin grabbed out a cigarette from his pack. He cupped his hand around it, lighting it up and taking a drag.

"I'm a fuck up."

I stood up from the hood of his car. "Don't be so down on yourself. Everyone makes mistakes Austin. You have people that love you. Don't for one second think that you're a fuck up because I love you. I love you and I know your not a fuck up."

He laughed. "Mistakes? Killing people aren't mistakes, it's murder Elena." He blew smoke.

I really didn't know what to say to that. He's just been such a sweet person lately that I forgot about everything bad.

"You know it doesn't end." He spat.

"What doesn't end?"

"What's happening! You're being so stupid right now acting like nothing ever happened. News flash, it did." He threw his cigarette to the ground. "Tyler died, and I almost did too. He's going to keep biting us in the ass and in the end one of us is going to get burned." He hoped off the hood and walked away.

"What the hell was that?" I said chasing after him.

"That was reality talking."

"You just snapped. Why?"

He stopped dead in his tracks. "Casey just got killed! Yes, he killed someone else. There was a note along with her dead body hanging from the tree in the front yard."

"H-He killed again?" I stepped back and my stomach dropped. "Who do you think he's going to kill next?"

"He's going after you next."