Chapter Thirty Eight "You're turning into a monster."

Chapter Song: Monster - Imagine Dragons

Elena's Point of View

It has been 2 weeks since Dean has been gone. No one has ever seen him or even says his name. I've never seen Austin ignore me as much as he is right now.

"I'm busy." Is all he would say to me.

He was to busy going to the bar every night drinking. I feel as if he is going to do something stupid and not even realize it. I've been staying here so often now you could say that I live here. I'm only trying to look out for Austin because he doesn't think through things.

Today I final got him to say something to me. We were out in town getting lunch and trying to enjoy the little freedom we had.

I could tell by just holding his hand he was getting so tense and angry.

"Do you want to go get some coffee?" I suggested.

"Sure." Austin said keeping a straight face. I rolled my eyes and was basically dragging him to the coffee shop.

Suddenly Rebecca came out of no where. "Hey it's nice to see you to again." She smirked.

Austin's whipped his hand away from my grip. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He yelled.

"Getting out enjoying some air." She smirked.

"Wait, why aren't you with Dean?" I asked.

"Did he decided to take out the trash?" Austin said in a dark voice leaning over her.

Rebecca laughed. "No he actually didn't, but it seems like you're taking your dog out for a walk." She looked over at me.

"He's not a dog."

"Oh he's not?" She said twirling her hair. "He did have a reputation you know. Seducing the girls, beinging them home only to leave them behind the next day."

"He doesn't do that anymore."

"He left a trail of broken hearts."

I walked up to her and got in her face. "Stop talking shit you crack whore."

She just laughed it off. "Stop trying to defend him!" She threw her arms in the air. "You're so delusional. You think that love really exists? Do you really think you can have a relationship with a killer? You know nothing about love."

"Stop trying to feed me a whole lot of bullshit."

"He doesn't care about you! He's a dog and he's only with you to get one thing."

"You don't know anything about us! Stop trying to brainwash me because it's not going to change anything. I'm not a desperate drug addict that you just pick up off of the streets. I'm not you, and you sure as hell aren't us. Get the fuck away from us." I said in the most darkest voice I have ever done.

I felt a hand slap the side of my face, stinging. The bitch just slapped me.

Austin stepped up and slapped her in the face. "Wrong move on your part." He kicked her in the gut, sending her to the ground. He got on top of her and punched her in the nose.

"Austin, stop!"

I heard Rebecca yell out in pain telling Austin to stop. I kept hearing the punching sounds and Rebecca spit blood to the side.

I ran over to him, trying to pull him off of her. "Get off of her!"

I pulled him up and he stopped. "I'm going to kill you." He said after sending her to run off.

-

I walked into his house and threw my jacket on the chair. I didn't say one word to him the whole ride.

"What the hell was that!?" I yelled balling up my fist.

"Karma." He said walking to the cabinet

"You almost killed her! Do you know what you did!"

He took out the bottle of vodka and took a swing. "Yes I know what I did! And I very much enjoyed it."

"Who are you anymore?"

"I'm the same guy you met at Mindy's Grill, I'm the same guy who saved you multiple times," He drank some more vodka. "I'm also the same guy you fell in love with."

I ran my fingers through my hair. I was so frustrated and angry right now. "You were never this dark when I met you."

"Yes I was! I'm the same asshole I've always been and you don't see it! I've been dangerous this whole time, falling in love with you doesn't change that."

"I changed you for the better. You were doing so good Austin, what happened?"

He slammed his fist on the table. "You happened! I fell in love with you, that's what happened! It changed everything Elena."

I could feel tears start to fall down my cheeks. He was hurting me and he didn't even know it.

"You're a monster now!" I screamed. "I don't even see the same Austin I was in love with."

"You're looking right at him."

I walked over to him, wanting to slap him in the face. I stopped myself.

"You're not the same!"

"I'm angry Elena! From the start I've been angry and I'm just now starting to express my emotions."

"By getting drunk." I scoffed. "Of course."

I wasn't talking to the same person. He's feeding me the same bullshit everyone tries to feed me. I'm so sick of it.

"You've been ignoring me for the past two weeks! You hardly even said anything to me today!" I started to choke up. "I'm so tired of being alone. I've been ignored my whole life."

"Just let me deal with my problems right now."

"Oh yeah, as long as Austin gets what he wants." I grabbed my jacket. "Just remember this is all your fault!" I said before slamming the door and running to my car.

Austin's Point of View

I took the bottle and threw it at the wall. The vodka got everywhere and so did the glass.

It is my fault. It was always my fault.

"Austin, it's not about you being strong or not," She paused taking a deep breath. "You have to save yourself before you can save others."

I dropped the picture down on my dresser and walked over to the window looking into the night sky.

"I'm fine."

"I can tell you're not emotionally stable and you can't handle all of it forever."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Listen, I got to go."

She was right. She was always right.

I couldn't deal with anyone now. There is only one way to fix everything.

//

It all goes downhill from here.