Chapter Thirty Nine "Pick up the pieces."

Dedicated to Angiee_mahomie

Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Song: The Ghost Of You And I - Story Of The Year
(I love this song)

Elena's Point of View

I immediately ran up to my room and slammed the door shut. I whipped my jacket across the room.

How could he just do that?

I can't lose the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I screamed and punch the wall, making a hole.

"No!" I yelled.

My grandparents came running into my room. "What on earth is going on sweetie?"

"He's pushing me away!" I cried. "We're falling apart."

My grandma came walking up to me and gave me a hug. "Sweetie, calm down."

"How can I calm down? I can't loose him."

"Give him some time. He's going through a lot right now. He's not in a good mental state."

"You should've seen him. It wasn't even him I was talking to."

She started to stroke my hair. "It will pass by. I believe in you two, you belong together."

She looked over at the wall and gasped. "Well I can see what you did to the wall."

"Yeah sorry, I was just in that mood." I shrugged.

"We'll fix it, just don't do that again." She walked over the door. "Goodnight, remember to not give up on him." She said before closing the door.

I won't give up on us.

Austin's Point of View

I stayed up all night trying to track down Dean. My first guess would've been Atlanta, but that would be way too easy.

When Kyle came home he helped me with researching. I had a bottle of jack next to me and I drank until I couldn't feel pain anymore.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Sean said stomping into the kitchen. His eyes were focused on the empty whiskey bottle. "Did you drink this whole thing by yourself?"

"Yeah." I got up from the table and almost fell to the ground. Sean managed to catch me and pull me up.

"What the hell happened last night?" The glass and vodka was still on the floor and a couple of holes in the wall.

"I got into an argument with Elena last night." I stumbled over to the sink and got a cup of water. "It didn't end so well." I said taking a sip out of the cup.

"Are you going to fix things with her?"

"Nope. I have better things to do in my life besides focus on my relationship. I don't have the time."

"You can't just give up on her! I saw the way she made you feel. She changed you. I might sound crazy for saying this, but she changed you for the better."

"She added more shit on our plate. She is not safe with me!"

"So you both are better off without each other? She's been through so much and has no one but Sarah!" He ran his fingers through his hair. "You need to stop thinking about yourself."

I slammed my cup on the counter, water splashing out of it. "I'm thinking about her! I'm doing it for her own good, it's not being selfish."

I walked past him, bumping into his shoulder.

"So what are you going to do now?"

I turned around. "You mean, what are we going to do now? Pack your shit because we're going to Georgia."

"Says who? You can't call all of the shots!"

"I found where Dean is. Were going there and we are going to kill him."

-

Everyone was against me. They thought I was the bad guy. I'm doing nothing wrong! I had to do this because I can't have Elena die because of my actions.

We packed enough clothes for a good 10 days. Kyle was going to go upgrade our guns and get any more weapons that we needed.

I met up with everyone downstairs. Robert looked the most pissed at me. I don't blame him. He cared about Elena as much as I did.

"So big guy, tell us where we are going."

"Decatur, Georgia. It's a 10 hour drive and we need to do this quick. We leave tomorrow after I take care of something."

"And by something you mean?" Sean asked.

"I'm meeting up with Elena."

Elena's Point of View

"Sarah I really just don't get it, how much time does he need?" We were at lunch eating and I wouldn't even touch my food. I was too upset.

"He needs more than just a day to cool off. We know him."

"I just can't lose him! I love him and my life would be nothing without him."

"I know how you feel, I'm the same way with Alex. I'm just going to say if it doesn't work out, I'm still going to be here. I'm going to pick up every last piece of you that broke."

"I don't even want to hear about us splitting up." I packed up my things and threw my food away.

"Where are you going?" Sarah asked getting up from the table.

"Out. I need to get away from everyone right now because no one knows the right words to say!"

I drove to the beach and sat in the sand. I clutched my phone in my hand. I wanted to call him, but something inside of me was telling me not to.

A few seconds later my phone went off and I saw Austin's name on the screen.

'Meet me tomorrow night at 7 at Mindy's Grill.'

I responded. 'See you then.'

I was terrified.

//

You guys were so into the last chapter!

I've been sick to my stomach & felt like shit for the past 4 days and it took me a while to update.

This is why it's a short chapter.

Follow me on twitter @lamekinkafi

Next chapter will be a new start and a new year.

What do you think is going to happen with Austin and Elena? (: