Chapter Thirty Seven "Don't judge a book by its cover."

Dedicated to juilette7 because she always comments & is one of my favorite readers (:

Chapter Thirty Seven

Chapter Song: All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey (woo turn up!!!)

Austin's Point of View

My car was parked outside of my mom's home, or my old home.

I was too nervous to even go up to the door.

Elena placed her hand on top of mine. "Hey I know this might be nerve racking for you, but I think this is the perfect opportunity to see and talk to her. Plus I'm here with you."

"I already know that she will love you." I smiled.

We unbuckled our seats belts and hopped out of the car. My hands were trembling while walking up to the front door. I took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell.

Within a few seconds the door opened and my beautiful mom stood there.

"Austin?" She looked up and down at me. "Oh my gosh Austin!" She wrapped her arms around me with tears in my eyes.

She unwrapped her arms and touched my cheeks. "You're really here, gosh I've missed you so much!"

"It's really me mom." I said one last time and she squeezed my tight again.

His mother glanced over at me. "Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't seen you there!"

"Mom, this is my girlfriend Elena."

"It's so nice to meet you!" She gave her a welcoming hug. "You can call me Michele."

"It's nice to finally see you."

"You guys can come on in!" She smiled and opened the door.

We walked in the door and took off our shoes. There was tall christmas tree in the family room with some presents under it.

I had a little box in my hand for my mother and I didn't know where to place it.

"I'm having a Christmas dinner tonight with friends and family. You're more than welcome to join."

"We would love to stay for dinner." Elena grabbed onto my arm and smiled.

I cleared my throat. "I have a gift for you." I said handing her the gift box. "Merry Christmas."

She unwrapped the paper and opened the top of the box. "Oh my goodness!" She gasped looking at the diamond necklace. "It's beautiful Austin."

"It's to also make up for ignoring you for the past 2 years." I went up and have her a hug. I've really missed her and I felt god awful for doing that to my mom. She lost two people she loved the most in a matter of the same week. "Would you like me to put it on?"

"Yes, that would be lovely."

I took the necklace out of the box. I wrapped it around her neck at hooked it in the loop. It looked stunning with her sweater she was wearing.

"I've missed you so much Austin. I'm so glad you came over today."

-

During the day Elena and I helped my mom prepare for dinner. There was a ham in the oven, appetizers being made, and we were making homemade cookie dough to bake cookies.

Elena and I were decorating the cookies. I took some frosting on my finger and poked her nose with red frosting.

"Austin!" She laughed and took green frosting and did the same thing.

Soon we were chasing each other in the kitchen. I caught up to her from behind and wrapped my arms around her waist, kissing her cheek. "I got you."

We then set the table and the doorbell starting ringing, people started coming in with smiles on their faces.

I kept hearing people call my name in surprise and shock. I was reunited with my aunts and my grandad.

The whole house was filled with Christmas joy. It was nice to see see everyone. I thought my mom would never let me in ever again but it turned out she missed me like hell.

"Austin I have someone here that I want you to meet." My mom called my name. I walked over to her and she was standing there with an older man. "This is my boyfriend John."

"So you're the son that neglected your mother for 2 years." He said in deep voice. I could already tell he wouldn't like me. He was looking at my tattoos and piercings and scowled.

"Damn don't judge a book by its cover." I spat and walked away.

"Austin come back here, don't be so rude!"

"Really mom? Did you see the disgust on his face when he was looking at me? He doesn't even know me and he's already judging me."

She frowned and started to quietly argue with John. I really don't approve of my mom dating an asshole.

"Hey are you okay?" Elena came walking up to me.

"No."

"What happened?"

"My mom is with an asshole."

She glanced over at saw them arguing. "Already?"

"Yeah what a damn happy Christmas."

-

Everyone was opening presents and Elena sat on my lap and rested her head in the crook of my neck.

"I still have a gift for you." I whispered in her ear. "Let's get out of here. The party is going to be dead soon."

We got up from the chair and walked over to my mom. "Were leaving now." I said giving her a hug. "Thank you letting me in."

"Of course I would let you in. You're my only son." She rubbed my back. "Hopefully you stop by again."

"I most likely will. Goodnight, merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to both of you. It was so nice to meet you Elena. I hope you stop by as well." She have Elena a hug.

We drove to our usual spot by the beach. I handed Elena the same box I have to my mom.

"Open it."

She took the top off and had the same reaction my mom had. Inside there was a diamond necklace with the letter 'A' on it and a diamond bracelet.

"How did you afford this? Oh my gosh it's beautiful!" She pulled me into her and wrapped her left arm around my neck and kissed me.

I did the same thing with my mom and put on her necklace and bracelet.

"I'm so in love with you Elena Carter." I kissed her again.

She bit her lip and smiled. "Thanks for the best Christmas."

//

Merry Christmas ahaha!!!

Hopefully you got some killer presents!

Thank you so much for the amazing gift of ALL THE READS AND COMMENTS I'M GETTING YOU ARE AMAZING!!

I LOVE YOU ALL MORE THAN FIREBALL!!

*I know Miami doesn't look that that in the top picture but I don't care because we need some Christmas spirit.*