Chapter Eight "There's something different about you."

Chapter Eight

Chapter Song: Angels Cry - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Elena's Point of View

"Okay I guess, that sounds good," I said through the phone. Austin wanted to take me somewhere to get to know each other and talk or whatever. That's really quite shocking, one considering the type of person Austin is. "Great. See you at 6," he hung up. This doesn't seem like a date or is it. Unless, it is to Austin and he's too tough to say it is.

I heard a car honk and I knew it was Austin. I walked outside and got in the car. "You ready?" he asked after I got my seatbelt on. I nodded and then we left. "So where are we going? Like a place to eat or something?"

"No. I don't want to tell you."

"Oh so is it like a surprise?" I questioned.

"Not exactly, it's a place that I know you're going to like. Well, I like it at least. I don't see why you wouldn't."

"Ah so keeping me in suspense I see," I laughed.

"Haha, however you want to put it as Elena," he smiled.

It's actually really nice getting to talk to Austin and not being called names or being told to shut up. We talked to each other a little here and there until we got to where we were going which wasn't that far.

It was an area where no one was really around. We parked on the side of the road and I followed Austin up the hill. What I saw was beautiful. We were up high but what was down below us was the beautiful scene of the beach. The sky was a red and orange because of sundown. Austin was right, I really would like it. Austin took a seat down on the grass, and I did as well crossing my legs. I picked at the grass before he started to speak. "So as I said, were going to get to know each other. Or, try to get along. So, what's your favorite color?" Austin asked. "You're really going to as that kind of question," I laughed.

"C'mon just answer it," he said while fixing his hair. "Purple, and you?" "Red. Now, you ask a question."

"This might come off a little rude, but what do you even see in Casey anyways?"

"She's hot, oh and really good in bed," he smirked.

"Gross!" I picked up some grass and threw it at him. "Hey hey hey, watch it," he picked some grass under his shirt. Austin asked me a question next. "What's the farthest you've ever gone with a guy?"

"Actually, nothing. I've never even had a boyfriend before," I put my head down. "What!?" he spat out. I shrugged my shoulders, I didn't have control over that. "Why are you so surprised?" I asked. "You're 18, a senior in high school and you haven't done anything with a guy?" I shook my head no. "Not even a kiss?" I shook my head no. "Wow. It's just I don't really see why guys wouldn't go up to you or flirt with you." "It's complicated." "I don't see how that's complicated. My life next to yours is complicated." That remark made me want to scream and just tell him everything that I told Robert. I can't just do that though, that's the thing. "Austin you actually don't know anything about my life and how it is, so don't even go there."

"Guys not liking you has noting to do with complications of your life," he said with an attitude.

"It plays a part with the question you asked, that's what I'm saying." Austin opened his mouth to say something, but then he stopped himself. I was done talking about that. I didn't want to fight with him again.

"That's the whole reason I actually brought you here. To tell you about my life because of how I acted yesterday." "Then go on," I stood up and put my hands on my hips. He walked me over the end of the hill where you could a full view of the scene.