Chapter Ten "It was time to let go."

Chapter Ten

Chapter Song: We Are Broken - Paramore

Austin's Point of View

I was out with the guys for a little bit drinking. I was planning on going home but I was driving to Elena's house just to talk to her. I pulled up to her driveway next to her car and went to the front steps. I knocked on the door and stood there until someone answered. Nothing happened so I knocked again and started to ring the doorbell. I was standing out there for about 7 minutes and I didn't hear anything. I opened the door and walked inside just to check up on her. Right when I turned to the right of the hall I saw Elena laying there, not being able to move. "Austin." she cried softly.

Elena's Point of View

3 hours I was laying on the ground for. I felt tired and so drained of energy. I could feel the blood from my head trickle town and drop on the carpet. My mom grabbed her purse and left the house for the night most likely leaving me here to die.

The doorbell rang and someone knocked on the door but I couldn't answer it. All I was thinking bout was Austin coming here to save me and make everything better but that was not the case. The door slowly opened and I heard footsteps coming towards my direction. It was Austin. "Austin." I said in a whisper. I could hear the weakness in my voice. This was all I needed, was for him to help me.

Austin's Point of View

I rushed over to Elena and placed her head on my lap. She was crying softly, I could hear the pain. "What happened?" I said wiping the blood from her face. Her skin wasn't even the tan shade it naturally is, it was pale. "M-My mom. She left me here to die. I thought I was going die." I picked her up and carried her to the bathroom upstairs. I turned the shower hose on and rinsed her hair out. The water was turning red. I spotted the place on her head where the blood was coming from. It was a deep cut. She was slowly closing her eyes and losing consciousness. "Stay with me Elena, you'll be okay." I grabbed a towel and dried her and eventually wrapped it around the huge cut on her head. I picked her up again and ran to my car. I placed her down in the backseat and hoped in. I sped out of the driveway and took out phone, calling Alex. "Hello." "I'm on my way to the hospital meet me there."

"What? Why?"

"Elena, she needs to get to a hospital and I'm bringing her. Get here as soon as you can with the guys." I hung up and placed my phone down. "God dammit." I said under my breath. I looked back to check up on her. I made it to the hospital in a matter of 15 minutes.

I picked her up again and brought her inside to the ER. "Somebody help my friend is bleeding really bad!" I was just standing there holding Elena in my arms. "Well is nobody going to fucking help, she's going to die if no one comes!" I lady came and took her in and asked me a lot of questions. Elena was back getting help and I took a seat in one of the very uncomfortable chairs. The guys came in not that long after. "What happened to her is she okay?" Robert said. "I went to go visit her and no one answered the door. So, I walked in just to check upon her and I saw here on the ground bleeding from her head." I ran my fingers through my hair, stressed out. "All she said that it was here mom, and she left her there to die." Robert stood up. "She told me about her mom. I didn't know it was that bad," he sighed. "I knew it too. I told her to tell me if anything happens. I never knew it happened so often."

"Excuse me but which one of you fellows is Austin?" A middle aged male doctor came up to us. "I am sir," I raised my hand. "Will you come with me for a moment." He walked me over to somewhere private so we could talk. "Elena is fine. She just needs to stay in here for the rest of the week so she can be healthy again. She did lose a lot of blood. But I need to ask you, do you know what happened?" "I walked into her house to check up on her because no one was answering. I just saw her lying on the ground, too weak to move. She told me that her mom did it to her." He nodded his head. "Does this happen often?" I know she never wanted me to tell anyone because she said she still needed her mom. But I have to speak up because I can't have her like this. "She told me that her mom has abused her ever since she was 7 sir."