Chapter Nineteen "What do you want from me?"

Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Song: Say You Like Me - We The Kings

Elena's Point of View

We were in downtown Chicago, and the air was different here then down in Miami. We are at millennium park right infront of the bean. The view of the city behind it was breathtaking. I made sure I got a few pictures on my phone before actually going up to it.

"This thing is dirty as hell." Austin said scrunching his nose.

I laughed at his cute facial expression. "Who has the time to clean this huge thing."

Austin took out his phone. "We should take a selfie with this thing in the back." He held up his phone and I rested my head on his shoulder and we both smiled.

"Aunt Marissa can you take a picture of me and Austin?"

"Of course." She said and I handed her my phone.

We both got infront of the structure and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"You better send me the picture of us. It's a keeper."

"Alright how about we do some shopping and we can get lunch after."

It sounded like a plan.

After hours of shopping at different stores we ate at Toni Patisserie & Cafe.

Austin's Point of View

There was really nothing to do outside of Navy Pier since it's almost time for snow out here in Chicago and we're on the lake.

It was a long day today with Elena's family and I was starting to get bored. I didn't want to be rude and tell her that I wanted to go because for once in her life she was happy. I loved seeing her laugh and smile and enjoy life. Right now that's all I cared about.

"Hey, want to get out of here?" She asked me.

"What are your cousins doing, I thought you would want to stay with them."

"They're going to see a movie, but I figured me and you can go walk around and talk." She smiled.

"Alright."

"Let's go." She took my hand and we walked away.

We are just going to take a taxi back to the house. Right now we were walking on the pathway on Lake Michigan where all the boats were kept. I looked down at her from head to toe, her hands digging in her coat pockets. You could see her own breath when she was breathing from the cold air. The way her cheekbones were shaped, and the tip of her nose turning red from the cold.

She looked up at me and smirked. "I can sense something."

"What do you mean?"

"There's something going on with you-us." She paused. "Ever since you brought me to first see Sean and when you first spotted me you always find a way to be by side for over a month. I mean, when we first had one-on-one time you wanted something from me.

"I can't seem to understand what you do and why you do it, and why I can't go do something without someone being on my ass."

I spoke up. "I'm protecting you."

After a few seconds, the silence broke and Elena's voice spoke up once more. "What do you want from me?"

I waited for her to elaborate on that.

"What is it that you want, Austin?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't seem to understand what you're asking me."