Chapter Twenty "This house no longer is a home."

Chapter Twenty

Chapter Song: So Cold - Ben Cocks

Elena's Point of View

"This was the house that I grew up in." I said faintly.

"What happened to it, it looks horrible from the outside."

My stomach started churning. I decided to put my seatbelt back on.

"Hey, we'll do this together." Austin held onto our hands, interlocking our fingers.

"We'll do it together." I repeated after him.

We stepped out of the car we were borrowing today from my Aunt. It was chilly, the news said 45 today as the highest. We cut through the yard, the brown leaves crunching down under our feet. I turned the handle, but the door wouldn't budge.

"It's locked." I said.

Using the right side his body, Austin rammed into the door. It slowly opened and he took my hand and we stepped in.

The living room.

Everything was still in it's spot the night my mom and I took off.

"It's abandoned."

I walked around the floor of the living room, and stopped right by the stairs.

"Oh my god, the blood stain." I could feel my eyes water up. "It never washed out."

I heard loud thuds coming from the stairs and saw that it was my dad falling down them. I got off from the couch and ran over to him.

"Elena baby, stay where you are okay? I'll be okay." "Daddy I-" "Shh it's okay." I was wiping the tears from my eyes and my nose was running.

"Say goodbye Logan, you're never seeing me again, Elena again, or your family and friends again. I should've done this a while ago." My mom aimed the gun straight to my dads head from the middle of the stairs, smiling so evil. "Daddy.." "It's okay, things will get better baby. I love you." My eyes popped out and I screamed. "No mommy don't!" I knew that wouldn't work, the gun shot and I watched the bullet go right into my dads head. "No Daddy!"

"Elena." Austin touched my shoulder. I jumped and turned around.

I walked over the blood stain and walked up the stairs. Down the hall was where my bedroom used to be. The floor was creeking and I stood in the doorway. Austin was behind me. I walked up to my bed that was still sitting there.

"My Dad used to read my stories before I went to bed."

I walked over to my dresser and saw the doll that my dad bought me for my 5th birthday. I picked it up and ran my fingers over the face and through the hair. He got it to look just like me.

I threw the doll to the ground and ran downstairs.

"Elena.." Austin called out.

My breathing started to pick up along with my heart rate.

I was breaking.

"The worst day of loving someone is the day you lose them."

"Elena just breathe." Austin put his hands on my shoulders.

"No! I hate it here! We should've never even came here in the first place Austin!" I threw my arms in the air.

"Every inch of this house is filled with memories of the 2 people that I loved that have died. They're dead! I watched my own father die here and all I can thing about is the bad. It's all bad."