Chapter Four "World so cold."

Chapter Four

Chapter Song: World So Cold - Three Days Grace

Elena's Point of View

Mondays are dreadful, but Tuesday are even worse. I saw Austin in the hallway but managed to keep my head down, to everyone. Well you can sure as hell tell I had the worst weekend, given the worse news, and mentally broke down. Also, my physics teacher was being a complete pain the ass.

Great day, huh?

After school I walked to my locker after the last bell rang indicating to go home. I felt a figure behind me and turned around spotting Austin, shades on, hands in his pocket.

"What do you want?" I scoffed.

"I wanted to se if you were alright." He never turned his head to look at me.

"Uh, yeah." I grabbed my books and slammed my locker shut. Maybe if I lied he wouldn't bother me. I tried walking away as quickly as possible to get away from him.

"Wait! Elena.. I was just wondering if you wanted to grab something to eat."

Food? Well I was hungry. My mom wouldn't make anything and I'm to tired to make anything myself.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged my shoulders. He grinned and walked me to his car. I got in the passenger seat and folded my hands on my lap and played with my thumbs. The first 5 minutes was really awkward and quiet. The only thing you could hear was the faint rap music playing in the background. The car came up to a stop and we completely parked.

"Big Dave's?"

Unclasping the seatbelt from across my body, I got out of the car and slammed the door shut. Austin began walking, me following behind like a duckling. After we got inside we made our way to the back on the left side to take a seat. Soon enough the waitress came around.

"Hi welcome to Big Dave's what can I get for you to?" I skimmed the menu and all I could spy was burgers. Austin already ordered and the waitress was waiting for me. "Oh sorry, I'll have chicken nuggets and fries." She scribbled down our order and our drinks and then left. "I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." I got up and pushed in my chair.

As I was turning into the door a man that came out from the mens' room ran right into me. "Ow watch where you're going jerk." he totally ignored what I said and continued on. I did my business and came back and our food was there. Austin was being quiet, and that's something new. I was taking small bites of my food and wipe my mouth after. I looked over to see who or what Austin was staring at.

It was the man that ran into me in the bathroom. He was giving Austin a death stare. He got up from his table and started walking towards us. I put my head down and stayed quiet because I know that's probably what Austin wants me to do. "Wow Mahone how strange is it seeing you here today, right?"

"Get away." Austin seethed through his teeth. His hands were tensing up and the hair on my arms rose. "Oh sorry am I interrupting your date? Besides what ever happened to that Casey chick. Ya' know, your girlfriend. Or did you dump her too? And the other girl before her, and the girl before her. Oh I would watch out if I were you. He has a habbit of having to many girlfriends at once." He grinned.

"Elena let's go now." He got up from our table and walked over to the counter. He slammed down the money and pushed the door open. Who as that guy? He stood by his car and lit up a cigarette with his lighter. "See Elena? Wherever I go there's always someone that knows me. And all the girls i'm associated with." He blew smoke out from his mouth. "Yeah, I I see."

"Just get in the car, I need to take you home." He threw his cigarette on the ground and put in out with his foot. He violently drove off, stepping on the gas pedal. I wanted to say something but he would do nothing but yell at me and say how annoying I am. Even when I say one damn word. He stopped on the street and let me out, and sped off into the distance.

My mom stood cross armed in front of the house. "No mom I- please don't." She shook her head, "O Elena you never learn do you!?" She pushed me and my head wacked against the door. She smacked me with her bare hands, flinching at her touch. "You're such a fucking slut!" She kicked me right in the nose and eye. I was mentally crying for help, for anyone. Physically, I was letting my body being bruised and bleeding. I actually want Austin to be here right now, to push my mom off and stop her.

Next, she grabbed my hair and dragged me to the stairs, kicking her. "Ow mom please-pl-please stop." She directed me up the stairs kicking me down till I was moved in my room. "Elena, you're such a disappointment!" With that she closed the door. I need to get out of this house. I need someone, but no one will come. I crawled to the mirror and manage to stand up. I looked at my beaten eye and bloody nose and cuts. A tear rolled down and I dropped down crying. And I mean full out cry, every tear representing a pierce of pain she has given me, every scar I have to live with. Ones that your own Mother gave to you.

Where's a best friend when you need one?

Robert's Point of View

Elena didn't show up at school today. This actually leaves me worried. The fact that what she's put into with Austin and what I heard at her house last night. Scream, yells, whacks. What was really going on there? I don't have a feeling that it's a good thing either.

At lunch I got a text from my mom saying that I had to go to the store to get milk after school. So really, when the last bell rang I went overt to the store and went in the back of the store where they have the milk. I grabbed a gallon and walked to go check out while texting Alex. I lifted my head up and spotted Elena. Skinny jeans, a black hoodie with the hood up, and markings all over her face?

"Elena?"

"Hi." she said faintly.

"What happened?" She was slowing lowering her head, "I fell down my stairs." Bull shit.

"No, tell me the truth."

" Well uh I have to go, my mom will get mad if I'm late bye Rob."

She walked away just like that, like nothing ever happened. But I have a feeling of what it is, not good.