Chapter Thirty Two "How long can you stand the pain?"

Dedicated to CarterJeAna

Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Song: Let It Burn - Red
(listen to it, it's great hyfr)

Elena's Point of View

Everything just happened so quickly. It's like I blinked, then boom were at our death.

I've learned to face it, face my fear.

It's insane to say that I want to die right now. The truth is, is that I do.

What's the point of living a cruel, broken, and bloody world. What's the point when you're filled with pain and regret and can't escape it.

All of us had guns to our heads.

Someone here is going to die. We're not all going to come out alive. That's not how it works.

I'm scared that it will be Austin.

"This is a lot of fun. Who thought that we would have all of you in the same room?"

"I'm not surprised." I laughed.

"Elena, what did you just say?" Austin looked over at me, as if I said the wrong thing.

"I said I'm not surprised. One of us was going to go down and I wouldn't be surprised if it was us!"

"You're girl is right Mahone, and you know why?"

"Why?" Austin spat.

"Because you're all just kids." Dean smirked.

"We're not fucking kids!" Austin shouted trying to break free from the chains. "Kids don't carry guns, kids don't deal with drugs and bombs, and kids don't kill people for the reason we do."

Dean walked toward Austin, crunching down at eye level, twirling his gun around his finger. "Then what is the reason you kill people for?"

"People like you that need to die. People that only try to harm and fuck with others for pleasure."

Dean laughed. "So your not bad? Last time I checked you're in a gang too. Both you and I are people you don't want to be around." He paused and looked over at me. "That brings me to why you brought her into your life, what good is she anyways?"

"We love each other and I would do anything to protect her."

"Is that right Elena?" All eyes were on me.

"Yes, that's right."

"And do you trust him?"

Trust him? Oh please what kind of question is that.

"Yes of course he's done enough to earn my trust."

"And Elena, remember what I said about not killing Austin when I was supposed to?"

I but my lip hard, squeezing my eyes shut before I could say anything. "Yes."

"Well I have a lesson for you..." Two guys proceeded forward, unchaining Austin. They grabbed both of his arms and forced him to kneel down on the ground, in front of me. "Trust no one." The cold and evil words left his lips.

The gun cocked and had it aimed straight into the side of Austin's temple.

"I'm so sorry Elena, baby I'm so fucking sorry."

The tears started to stream down my face. I opened my mouth but it was like nothing could come out. It felt like I was going to throw up my stomach.

It was the pain and sorrow in his eyes that killed me the most. He was weak, un powerful, hopeless.

The wound marks were scattered around in different places of his tan flesh.