Chapter Twenty Four "Sometimes you are destroyed."

Chapter Twenty Four

(Read Authors Note at End)

Chapter Song: Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars

Elena's Point of View

Austin carried me up to our hotel room. He carefully set me down on the bed and walked over to turn the lights on.

I felt numb. No, that's not the right word.

I felt disgusting.

All I could think about was tonight and Dean being all over me. My head was pounding from all the thoughts running through my head.

I was mentally screaming at myself for being so stupid. I just wanted to cry right now. Why am I the one who has to live like this? I had a fucked up life already.

Austin looked tired. We both had a rough night.

"Do you want to take a shower?"

I bit my lip and nodded. "Yes please."

Walking over the little bathroom in the room, Austin turned the knob and warm water began to flow out. He grabbed the plug and the tub began to slowly fill up.

"Are you going to be okay by yourself?"

I really just wanted to be alone in peace for a moment.

"I'll be okay."

He nodded his head. "I'll be in the other room. If you need anything just call me." He walked out and closed the door behind him.

I slowly began to strip and peel off my bra and panties. I tossed them on the other side of the bathroom. I wanted to burn them.

I stepped in, the hot water touching my skin, making me jump at first. Once I fully got in the water surrounded my body. It felt nice.

I grabbed the washcloth and the bar of soap set on the side of the tub for me. I got the washcloth wet, running the bar of soap across it.

I frowned at the sight of all the marks and cuts that were over my skin. The fact that any man would touch a women like that disgust me.

It brought my emotions to a whole new level, and before I knew it the tears engulfed my eyes and blurred my vision.

I ran my hand over the gash on the right side of my breast and sobbed quietly. I didn't want Austin to hear me.

I bit down on my lip and squeezed my eyes shut to make myself stop. The last thing I wanted to be was weak.

Sometimes you are strong,

Sometimes you are weak,

Sometimes you destroy,

And sometimes you are destroyed.

Right now I had to be strong and forget about everything that happend with Dean.

I don't just want to forget it, I want it to go away.

Austin's Point of View

I lay my head down against the big, fluffly pillows. I closed my eyes and rested my hands on my torso.

It was my fault.

How could I just let her walk away?

Why didn't I go after her?

She got hurt. Psychically and mentally.

I got up from the bed and walked over the the bathroom door, my right arm pushed up against it along with my forehead.