Chapter Thirteen "I failed you and I'm sorry."

Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Song: Skinny Love - Birdy

Elena's Point of View

"I think he likes you." Sarah ate a sour patch kid from the package i bought her.

She was spending the night at my house, since we have never really hung out since halloween costum shopping which was almost a month ago.

"Well his way of liking girls is different. Like say, being an asshole."

"That's just his way of flirting." She winked.

"Did he ever do that with Casey?"

She rolled over on her stomach. "No, all he really did was pick her up and fuck her everynight. He's different with you. Iv'e been around long enough to the way he acts with girls, then with you." She paused. "Anyways, we shall see whats on tv." She grabbed the remote and hit the power button. I furrowed my eyebrows at what was on the channel.

"Wait, turn it up." Her finger pressed the up volume button. "Oh my god."

It was a story special on my mom. She was one of the most searched killers being hunted down. Dark cirlcles around her eyes, her face being wrinkled with aging.

We both watched the show for a few more minutes till we switched the channel.

"Elena are you okay?"

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Yeah sorry, it's just that that show got me thinking."

"About what?"

"Going to go see my mom."

"Austin you don't have to come with, i can go by myself you know."

He was leaning up against my car smoking a cigarette. "Are you sure about this?" I nodded my head. "Well let's go, don't want to keep her waiting." He opened the drivers side of the door for me.

The ride there i didn't know what to expect. I felt like i needed to go see her and talk to her before her trial starts.

I pulled in and parked the car.

"Hopefully these cops won't be giving me trouble."

"Don't do anything stupid."

"Ms. Carter." There was a cop waiting by the door for me, he was going to direct me to my mom.

I grabbed onto Austin's hand. "Stay here, I want some privavcy." He nodded his head in response.

There was men in uniform everywhere. We walked over to sections with a phone and a seat.

There she was.

I set my bag down next to my seat. I grabbed the phone from the side of the wall. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"Hi mom."

Her eyes were turning glossy and i could see her lips trembling. "Hi Elena." She managed to get out a smile.

"You deserve to be in here, for everything that you did. All the pain you caused not only to me, but to others around you."

"I know, and I'm so sorry." She paused. "I'm so sorry for failing in a task of being a parent to an extraordinary child. And because of all my actions, I failed you. I took everything away from you, and you can't get it back. I'm being haunted because of that. You were the only person in my life that i had left, and i lost you. My beautiful daughter." She started to cry. I could feel the tears strolled down my face, i felt empty. "You have a chance to grow old and do better with your own child. I hurt you so much and i can start to feel all of it i caused because it's coming back to me.

"You're such a strong girl, and you're dad would be so proud of who you are today. You don't have to forgive me, i understand."

I could taste the salty tears as they kept coming down. "I'm going to forgive you because i need to move on from the past, but I'm never going to forget what you have done to me all these years."

"And that's okay." She choked on her tears. She pulled out a gun and held it to her head. "I love you."

"No don't!"

"I'm sorry."

The gun shot sending blood on the wall and window. The guard was to late to get to her.

Austin ran up behind me. "Elena let's go, c'mon."

My whole body just went in shock.

Austin carried me to the car.

"I'm driving you to my house."

"How could-how could that happen. She just killed herself, why." I took a deep breath. "I just lost my only parent left and she killed herself right in front of me."

I slammed my fist on the dashboard. "How could this happen. I can't-i just can't." I put my face in my hands and just cried.

Austins arms wrapped around me. "I'm so sorry. It always has to be worse before it gets better." He whispered in my ear.

Austin's Point of View

"How is she holding up." Robert walked up to me with his hands in his pockets.

"She's still in shock. She's staying here tonight, and i'll bring her home tomorrow."

"How did she even get the gun in the first place?"

"She supposedly took it from the guard when no one was watching."

I walked outside and stood on the balcony taking sips of my water.

"Wow, it's suprising to see that you care about her." I heard a voice behind me, Alex.

"Are you going to feed me with bullshit again."

"Bullshit?" He laughed. "You may not want to show it around us, but you know I'm right. I'm always right.

"C'mon bro." I nuged him. "Let's go back inside."

Sean stood up from the couch. "Bad news boys."

"What is it now?" I cracked my knuckles.

"The cops found Ramos's body last night." He crossed his arms.

____________________________________________________________________________

Surprise update! This chapter is just a little short random filler to get the story going.

Elena's mom killed herself because she felt all the pain coming from her daughter to her and lived in failure. She was living with regret and didn't want to spend the rest of her life in a prison cell or being killed after trial. Regaurdless of all the pain Elena's mom gave to her, she forgave her because in order to get past something in life it's better to forgive. You don't have to forget something if you don't want to, it's your choice! So that's what Elena picked. Moral of the story, 'forgive and forget' is relevent in life, no matter what the situation may be.

I update once or most likely twice a week. Maybe on Wednesdays and Saturdays will be good days.

Happy reading! lmfao

Song on the side -->

@IRWlN666 xx