Chapter Forty Five "When it's real you can't walk away."

Dedicated to teeganrenee

Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Song: In My Veins - Andrew Belle
(such a beautiful and perfect song for this chapter)

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Elena's Point of View

"Elena?" Austin said standing there with his mouth gaped open. "What are you doing here?"

I sighed. "Please don't tell me to leave. I drove 9 hours just to get to you, please don't shut me out." I said trying to get out really fast. The last thing I wanted was to get the door slammed in my face.

Austin shook his head. "You can't be here."

"Please don't say that after I just drove 9 hours here." I begged.

Austin moved to the side and opened the door wider. "Come on in."

I smiled and gently walked I to the small house and Austin shut the door behind me. "Thanks, we really need to talk."

"No Elena there is not supposed to be talking!" He hissed venomously. "I left you the letter and it was supposed to be left of there. Wait, actually I ended it in the parking lot of Mindy's Grill."

"That's what brought me to you was the letter!" I said digging into my bag to find the crumpled paper.

"It specifically said to forget about me. Did you forget how to read while I was gone?" He gave me attitude.

"It also said that we can't live a life together." I said pointing to exact words on the letter.

He crossed his arms against his chest. "Yes it does, so why are you here?"

"I'm here because we can live a life together, if you believe hard enough. We can do it together, I know we can."

"No we can't! I'm not the right guy for you. You and me don't work." He boomed, his words sending goosebumps on my skin.

"You are everything to me! I just can't-I can't loose you! I've lost so much already-just please understand this!"

"Having you in my business is not worth losing your life."

"I don't care! All I want in my life is to be with you. It has always been you." I stood up, standing only 2 feet away from him.

"We can't keep doing this. Nothing is safe when you're with me." He spat, shaking his head.

"Look past that, don't hide the feelings that you have for me. What we had was so much more."

"We're not good for each other! You try to find the good in me, but I'm bad. I'm all bad."

"Nothing is going to change the way I felt for you and what I still feel for you." I said in desperation for his affection. I was trying to get that through his thick skull.

"You had so much control over me! Whenever I was with you sometimes I forgot what I was completely even ment to do. I just couldn't do that anymore. I gave up on us like I said." I could see him start to avoid me and walked past me, his shoulder brushing past mine. His footsteps on the wooden floor was making it creek.

"When it's real you can't walk away!"

He stopped walking and turned around on his heel. "There's no other choice but to let us go. Let me go." He said in a deep, serious tone.

I stomped my foot, standing my ground. "But I love you!"

"Then stop loving me!"

"I can't!" I yelled, walking up to him. "It's not that easy." I sighed, shaking my head.