White and Blue Hat (Dipper)

You shot a glance down at Dipper, who was curled in a tight ball. He had wrapped himself tightly in his blanket and he used your lap as a pillow. But you didn't really mind. He was asleep. He has had trouble sleeping lately so moments like these were pretty rare.

You constantly worried over his health yet had no idea what to do about this despite the fact you had been with him this whole time. You were scared. You were scared for him. He was at an all time low, and you didn't know why. The simple thought brought tears to you eyes. What if it was Bill again? What if he had come back to haunt Dipper?

You rubbed your face, casting a glance over to your hat. They had been thrown on to Mabel's old bed when you and him had ran up here, forgotten. You considered reaching over to grab them but then thought of Dipper. You would wake him and he needed all the sleep he could get. It wasn't like you needed your hat now.

The opening of the attic door grabbed your attention now. You jumped slightly, preparing for a fight. But when you saw who it was, you came to terms with the man standing before you now.

It was Ford.

"How is he doing?" He whispered, unsure whether or not Dipper was asleep. You pressed a finger to your lips to signify to lower his voice then whispered, "He's sleeping." Ford nodded then carefully made his way over to you, revealing a book with a six fingered, gold hand with the number 3 in the middle.

Ford handed it to you and you took it carefully, "Tell him I want to talk when he wakes up. Make sure he's okay too. You seem to be the only person he talks to." You nodded simply, returning your attention to the sleeping Dipper in your lap. When Ford didn't move, you looked up.

You tried to wave him off with a tired glare and a forced smile. This didn't chase him off though. He just put a hand on his hip and picked up your hat, "I suppose you don't need this." Sometimes, you swear he knows just what buttons to push. That hat was important to you. "Okay, fine!" You hiss out from between your teeth. He turns to leave, then halfway through the door, he looks back and shoots a comment at you.

"Nice hat!"

You gasp, blushing madly. This didn't go missed by Ford, as he laughed and continued his descent down the stairs. You reach up to place a hand on the white and blue pine tree hat that you had put on. He had shoved it in your hands when he decided to use your lap as a pillow.

You sigh then settle in and drift to sleep.

----

Updated:
Hi guys, I know this one is short but I promise this will get better and longer.

Update 2:
I just realized how old this one is and I don't particularly like this one.

Update 3:
I fixed things that had been bothering me.