Lost In The Woods (Dipper)

How do you manage to get lost?

I don't. They do.

Oh, yeah. That's right. You followed the twins around all day.

Yay, me.

Only a few paces ahead of you, Dipper was clinging on to that book of his and Mabel was skipping. You resisted the erge to groan. This was getting exhausting. If you did this for another hour, then you were sure that you'd drop.

"We're lost. Admit it, Dipper." "We're not lost. We just have to find the trail. It's here, I'm sure of it." "Dipper!" You groaned. He looked back at you as you gave your best puppy dog eyes. "Please. Can we stop for five minutes?" Dipper sighed then nodded, "Fine. We can rest." You silently cheered for yourself.

All of you set your bags down and sat down to relax. All of you, except Dipper. He was still holding that book, "Okay. I'm going to go look for the trail." "Dipper!" Mabel shouted, climbing to her feet. Dipper turned to her, annoyance clearly stated across his face. "You need to rest too." She said, waving her arms around like a maniac. Dipper shook his head, "No. I need to find the trail, we'll be stuck here if I don't." He traded glances with you. That's when you realized what he said, "Ah-ha! So you do admit we are lost!"

He looked at you, trying to stare you down, but eventually, he broke, "Yes. We're lost. I'm sorry. I thought it was going to be out here. But, I guess not. Let's just... find our way back to the Shack." Dipper hung his head down in defeat and kicked at the dirt. You frowned, "Come on!" You stood and swung your bag over your shoulders. Mabel followed your lead. Soon enough, both of you were hanging on to Dipper's hands and leading him through the woods. "W-What are we doing?" "We're going to find you that monster. And we aren't going home until we find it." You said.

*****

You and Dipper sat together on the damp soil behind a bush. A deer-like creature stood in the clearing in front of you. It had eight legs and it was small. Your gaze shifted from the creature to Dipper, who had his book wide open and a pencil in hand.

"This is fascinating. Do they gather here every day?" He whispered, shifting closer to you.
You gave a small nod, "Yeah. Everyday. I come out here often to examine them. They're spooked easily though." You whispered, glancing back to the creature. It was nibbling on the grass. "Where's Mabel?"

Just then, Mabel ran out of the bushes into the clearing, wearing branches and leaves and who knows what else while roaring. The sudden disturbance caused the creature to dart into the woods. Dipper groaned then facepalmed himself, "Mabel!"

"I am the swamp monster." She yelled.

You laughed then looked over to Dipper. He was shaking his head, "It was nice while it lasted." He turned his head to stare at you. "Yeah, it was. But we're still lost though." You reminded him. Dipper sighed, "You're right." "Yeah, come on. We should start searching for our way back to the Shack."

As you went to stand, Dipper grabbed your wrist. "Wait." You turned to face him. He seemed uneasy, as if he wanted to say something. "What is it? Is there something wrong?" You asked, using your other hand to get him to look into your eyes. He blushed, "I-I wanted t-to ask you-" He never finished.

Mabel leaped in between you two, "LOVE BIRDS!" She yelled. You snapped back, tearing out of Dipper's grasp and turned to face Mabel, "NO! That is not happening." You said, a light blush covering your cheeks. Mabel started poking you, "Come on. You know you like him!" "Mabel!" You turned away and picked up your bag, "Let's just go. It'll be dark by the time we get back."

*****

You were walking ten paces in front of the twins, doing your best to forget what happened. But the thought wouldn't escape your thoughts. What was Dipper going to ask you? Did he like you? Was he going to ask if you liked him? Did you like him? You never thought about thinking of Dipper that way. Sure, he was attractive and he was cute and he was smart. Maybe you did like him.

You overheard a conversation between the twins. "Come on bro. You have to tell her. She totally likes you!" "I don't know Mabel." "Come on. Dipper. You have to!" "Mabel-" "Dipper, don't do this to yourself! She totally likes you!"

Dipper likes you.

It was a hard pill to swallow at first. How could anyone like you? Especially someone like Dipper. Didn't he like that Wendy girl? No. There was no way he liked you. But then you thought about it a bit more. You and him have been friends for a while. So, if there was any chance of a relationship to pop up, then it was now. And you did like him.

You were so lost in the thought that you didn't hear him move up to walk beside you. Dipper cleared his throat. You jumped, "Sorry. I was thinking about something. Was there something you wanted to ask me?" "Wha- Oh, yes. I need to talk to you." "Go on." He went quiet for a moment then stopped, grabbed your hand, and stopped you.

"Um, Dipper?" "I can't ignore this anymore. I-I... I like you. And I have for a while now." He paused, eyes searching yours for some sign for him to continue. You nodded. "And I tried holding it. I kept saying that it was nothing. But now... now I know that it is something. I need to know if you feel the same way. It's okay if you don't. I'll live. It's just that I need to-"

You cut him off when you pressed your lips against his. He tensed up at first but soon settled into it. You tilted your head to deepen the kiss. His lips were warm and smooth, just like you imagined them. Then he cupped the back of your head with his hand and tilted your head back to get a better angle. You heard a moan come from his throat and that made you smile. You pulled back slightly, "Enjoying yourself?" You asked in the sexiest voice you could muster.

A blush flashed across his face. You chuckled, "So am I!" You brushed your lips against his, "I like you too." Then, a whistle came from the bushes. Immediately after, you two separated looking in the direction that the whistle came from. Mabel was hiding in the bushes, smiling ear to ear.

"MABEL!" You and Dipper said in unison. She started laughing. You blushed and shook your head, "Come on. We aren't getting any closer to finding the Shack at this rate."

Mabel stopped laughing and approached her brother, who blushed as soon as you left. You bent over to dig through your bag, looking for your flashlight. Then you glanced over to Dipper. You two locked eyes. He gave you a small smile and a wave, which you returned. Minutes later, you three were back to walking. You were in front, being the only one smart enough to bring a flashlight. Dipper stood next to you and Mabel stood somewhere behind you.

Dipper grabbed your free hand, "You've been quiet." "Just been trying to watch my step." "That's good. We don't need to break any bones." "Yeah." A few moments passed, Dipper planted a kiss on your cheek. You blushed, thankfully he couldn't see it in the dark. "We should focus. Mabel, you still back there?" "WHAT IF WE FIND A UNICORN?" "I take that as a yes."

Dipper squeezed your hand, "I love you." "I love you too."

----------

[Okay, that's this weeks chapter. I hope you all enjoyed this and till next time....

BYE!]