In Sickness: Part 1 (Dipper)

Subnautica Inspired!AU
Demon!Reader
Dipper x Wendy
Dipper and Reader
Reader x Mabel

Warning: Detecting multiple leviathan class lifeforms in the region. Are you certain whatever you are doing is worth it?

"A mortal and a demon crash land onto a planet-!"

"This is starting to sound like a joke, Dipper."

"Believe me. I wish it had been a joke."

Oh, if only it really was a joke.

If only you could pass on a full year as a simple joke that you could laugh off when it all ended.

If only you could have woken up.

But you didn't.

Every day from that long, agonizing year was still engraved into your mind. Every time you closed you eyes, that world came at you with a vengeance, biting and clawing at you as if all it wanted to do was to tear you to shreds. All you wanted was to get away, and now you were, but you kept slipping back there every chance you could. A whole year, flashing behind your eyes. A whole other world, plaguing you like a sickness.

A whole lifetime ago, yet it still felt like you had lived through it yesterday.

A hand snatched your shoulder, yanking you away from your twisted thoughts. Your hopeful thoughts. Everything you wished would be; everything that wasn't here.

You hadn't even noticed the magic floating around your until another hand clasped around your fist. Your magic burned your eyes, and you had to take a deep breath to relax the intense fire melting your iris.

"Be careful," said the hands.

Your eyes fluttered open again, free from the magic, and took in the dull grey of the strange metal making up the facility. The twinge of a pale odor threatened the edge of your nose; the stench of dead predators, gone for several hundreds of years. From what you knew, any of these dead creatures could have been thousands of years old, yet their scent still lingered over them, a ghost of what used to be. You could physically see the creatures rising from containment, but you knew those were nothing but hallucinations, reactions from your lack of magic use. You couldn't use your fire magic. It would be destroyed by the water, and it would extinguish your body.

I'm back again.

Almost as if you had been there yesterday.

Or the day before that.

The hand on your shoulder gave another tug. It took a chunk of your soul to remain calm. "I hate it when you get quiet like that. Please, speak up." Dipper.

"I'm sorry."

This planet was unlike any other you had ever seen. A planet with so little land, so little to walk on unless you built it yourselves. This planet was nothing but water. You didn't see any land before, nor did you see any now. The structure you were standing in was water tight, an interior structure deep in the abyss of this water planet. You lacked abundant knowledge of the ones who built this place, but from what you knew, they had been a society far more advanced from the one you and Dipper came from. Dipper dubbed them The Ones Who Came Before.

You tossed your glare towards him and his brown eyes. You pursed your lips, grunted, then shrugged his hand off your shoulder, "Let's keep going. We aren't getting anything done here."