Metamorphosis (Dipper)

Unrequited!Dipper x Reader
BillDip
Asexual!Mabel
Human!Bill

     Inhale.

     Your smile was fake.

    Exhale.

    It was always fake.

    Inhale.

    Since the first day, it had been fake.

    Exhale.

    “Congratulations!”

    With a smile, you joined Bill in front of the door. With the lack of a father figure to walk Bill to the altar, you had stepped in. Although it went completely against tradition, Bill was excited to have you walk him down the aisle. Not only did he know about your massive crush on the groom, he also knew you would readily do anything to make sure the groom was happy. Bill was more than willing to subject you with emotional torture every chance he got. You held out your arm, and Bill took it with a bright smile on his freckled face. “Are you ready?” You asked, biting your teeth at the sight of him in a long, flowing wedding suit-dress. It was really an odd combination of the two outfits, but somehow he made it work. “I'm nervous.” He admitted to you. His honesty forced you to step back. A massive blush casted over his face, "Even if I do enjoy torturing you like this, Grass Blade, I still am nervous. It's my first human social event."

     Bill had never been so nice to you. You forced a smile, then said, “Don't be. You’re beautiful.” Bill blushed, then giggled, “Thanks.” You adjusted your outfit, then took a breath of confidence, “C’mon. Let's get.” All eyes fell on the two of you as you stepped into the walkway, and both of you could see the man standing under the altar. Despite your reluctant approval to the wedding, seeing Dipper under the arch, waiting for you two to walk towards him, just for you to give the demon to the man you fought to keep for yourself...

     You wanted to take it back.

    You took a breath, then led the bride down the aisle. Bill began to hover as his nerves grew. You tangled your fingers through the demon's, calming him enough to lower him back to the floor.

    Before yout departure, you gave Bill's hand one more good squeeze for support. Then, with the last of your will given to your frenemy, you took a place at the side of the altar.

    Everyone was there. You could tell just by their facial expressions that some of them were not on board with this wedding. Stanley, Stanford, and Mabel. They all sat on their guns, prepared to whip them out if anything were to happen to their precious Dipper Pines. You didn't blame them. After the whole take over the world fiasco, you couldn't doubt that they had trust issues. They all had a reason to be wary around Bill. You were completely away that Bill would ever hurt Dipper though. He earned your trust a lot sooner than he did the others.

    "Please stand now, or forever hold your peace."

    Your feet threatened to disobey you. Your mouth was half open, prepared to yell "Object!" Even after the temptation appeared, you shoved it back down. You were not going to ruin this for him.

    After watching the ceremony occur, you spent enough time inside to readjust your outfit, congratulate the newly weds, then walk with Dipper out of the wedding area and into the lobby, where you began to snack on whatever food there was.

    You leaned against a wall, far away from the commotion. You observed from the sidelines, expressionless and out of energy. You had spent the last of it trying to deal with Bill's group of friends. You managed to slip away undetected, and, currently, threw your gaze between the clock and Dipper - it wasn't hard to keep an eye on him, given his orange colored suit made him the brightest one in the room. Watching him and Bill talk and laugh and… It hurt you. Deeper than you'd care to admit. You had known Dipper for a long time. He was your best friend. Your gaze landed on Bill, who was still in that odd combination suit. It was very noticeable, and, being the bride, it was a good thing. They were constantly the center of attention. “You won. He's yours now,” You muttered. The crowd got louder. “You better take care of him.”

    You stepped into the cold outside.

****

    It wasn't long before you were found.

    She was the sister of the groom, a girl who had grown close to you. You weren't surprised to see her. She sat down next to you on the sidewalk, greeting you with a quick hi and how are you? You shrugged. The usually energetic girl pushed straight to her point, “I know you aren't happy about the marriage.” “Oh, jee, I wonder what gave it away. I'm sure it wasn't my joyous smile.” Sarcasm. On any normal occasion, it wouldn't have bothered her. Right now, she didn't like it. “You might not be happy with what had happened between Bill and Dipper, but we have to learn to accept it. It wasn't our choice. They fell in love.”

    You wanted to scream.

    “I can't control that.” You muttered, leaning forward with your elbows on your knees. “Exactly.” The brunette scooted closer, trying to close the gap between you. “I might not know how it feels to be in love. Despite all my growing, I'm still the same teenaged girl who gawks at every boy band.” A small smile curled on your face, full of amusement. “Wow, Mabel. You're hilarious.” You chuckled, adjusting your tie. “But, in all honesty,” Mabel lifted a hand to your shoulder. “You can't take this away from them.” “I couldn't put Dipper through that. Just thinking about the possibility of seeing someone else go through that pain… I never want to see Dipper like that. I don't want him to be like me.”

     “You don't like it, and I can't say I'm too fond of it either.” Your head swung, eyes wide. Having the hunch that Mabel didn't like his brother being wed to a demon was one thing, but hearing her admit it to you was a completely different one. Mabel didn't let you respond, “But we have to accept it.”

    The young adult lowered her chocolate colored gaze away from you. Mabel slid her arm around your shoulders, doing her best to give comfort. You leaned into her, embracing her radiating warmth. “Why are you so good at this?” You muttered, shoving her hands into her pockets. This referring to her ability to comfort people when they really need it. “I've had to do this a lot, if I'm being honest.” You huffed, dropping your head on her shoulder. You closed your eyes, “I want to go back to the way it used to be.” Mabel looked down at you, examining the dark circles under your eyes. “That's not a call we can make.”

    There was a small pause.

    The moment the wind rushed around them, throwing your respective hairs. Chill was closing in on you like the snow gently falling from the clouds.

    You opened your eyes, staring at nothing in particular, “I know.”

    “Hey, Green?” Mabel spoke up after a long period of silence. You grunted in response. The woman stared behind the clouds searching for something. Nothing was there, yet she was still searching, as if it would pop into existence if she stared long enough. Answers. “Are you ready?” You closed your eyes, hiding your jewels behind a pair of eyelids. “No.” Your voice was flat, gaze foggy. Mabel was afraid of that. “Don't worry.” Mabel squeezed you gently. She tried to smile, support you in whatever way she could. She knew the change about to happen. All of your lives would change from this marriage. You needed a guide: Mabel could be your guide. “I'll help you.”

    You smiled.

    This time, it was genuine.