The Guest (Dipper)

You sat in the quiet, little house of yours writing some random notes in your notebook.

You usually stayed up late and wrote little nothings in your notebook. You weren't one for the day. Too many people. So, you stayed in. But, occasionally, you would sneak off into the woods and visit the Mystery Shack. You liked the boy who worked there. Dipper, you believe his name was. He was always so sweet and charming. He always remembered the days you visit, and he knew your favorite flower. Whenever you would visit, he would have it ready for you to take. He cared about you and over the summer you two had become good friends.

A knock on the door interrupted your thoughts. Who could be at the door at this time of night? You got out of your chair and approached the door slowly. You racked your brain, searching for someone who knew where you lived. You opened the door carefully. You were surprised who was at the door.

"Dipper!" "Hey, Flower!" "I told you to stop calling me that." "When you stop liking flowers, I will." "Well then, I might just consider closing this door in your face." "Please. Like you'd do that." "Watch me." You went to close the door but Dipper was fast and caught the door before you could close it.

You giggled, "Did you seriously doubt me Dipper?" He chuckled then shrugged, "I guess so." You frowned as he opened the door enough to get a good look at your face. His cheeks were red and puffy, as if he had been crying before he came here. His hair was ruffled under his cap and he was sniffing. "Dipper, are you alright?" "Yeah. I'm fine. Can I come in?" "Yeah, sure."

He brushed by you as he walked in, "You have a nice place." "Thanks." Dipper glanced at you. "Is something wrong, Dipper?" He looked back at you and shook his head, "No. No. I am fine." "You don't seem like it. Were you- Were you crying?" He shook his head, turning away. You closed the door and leaned against it. He took a moment to observe his surroundings, your house, before motioning to a chair and saying, "Can I sit?" You nodded.

As he took his seat, you heard him grunt. A grunt in pain. This more than just spark your interest. It worried you. Then you remembered how he once said he went out into the woods to hunt weird stuff. One day, he arrived at the Shack injured. That was when you tried to tell him to stop. He didn't. Was he- Was he hurt?

"You went on another trip again, didn't you?" "How could you tell?" "Dipper, you are in obvious pain. What did you do?" "I was turned to wood. It really hurt." "Wood? Was it at the Northwest Mansion?" "Yeah. How did you know?" "Dipper, it's all over the news!" "Oh." Was all he said in response.

You walked over to him, kneeling down once you did, "Dipper, did something else happen?" You put your hand on his knee to steady yourself and frowned. He nodded, "Remember that mission that we went on together?" You nodded. That day, you had almost gotten crushed by a boulder. Dipper had pushed you out the way. Till this day, it made you wary. But, you weren't much of a thrill seeker either.

"Yeah. What about it?" Dipper turned away, "I had a nightmare. And we were there. The boulder fell and-" He closed his eyes and took a breath. He looked back at you, eyes watery and a sorrowful face, "I couldn't save you. I couldn't get to you in time. And I woke up... And I cried. I didn't know what else to do. I tried, and... and..." You practically felt the horror coming off of him. It broke your heart. You pushed up and wrapped your arms around him.

You two stayed like that, neither of you making any action to move away. His shoulders shook as he sobbed into your shoulder. You could feel his warm tears falling on your skin and that just made you die on the inside.

"I tried... I really did." "I am alive Dipper. I am here right now. Right here. No one will ever take you away from me." "Don't say that. It isn't true."

"Trust me. It is. I wouldn't leave you for the world."

----

[Guys, I'M sorry this was so short. I am so busy with work and stuff. It is hard to keep these stories up. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed it. Leave requests in the comment section.
Until next time...

BYE!!]