Too Dark (BillDip) (Short)

Where's the light switch!?

     His hands scrambled over the wall, searching for anything that resembled a light switch. He couldn't handle the dark. Night Terrors came after him in the dark, forcing him to run every time he tried to sleep. Heart pounding, skin sweating, goosebumps raising, the loud thumping of footsteps echoed the room. Bill gasped, swinging around and pinning his back to the wall.

     Yes, he was an all knowing demon, but, no, he didn't know when his enemies would attack him.

     A hiss, like claws dragging across the hardwood floor, grabbed his attention from the left. "AH!" He squeaked, leaping up into the air until he hit the ceiling. Dammit! The demon held himself up, hoping they would let up. He couldn't let himself leave. He had a job to do, and, if he left, he couldn't get that job done.

     Something snagged onto his pant leg, yanking him down from his floating position on the wall. Bill covered his mouth to muffle the loud scream pending, fearful of waking any of the family. His bottom smashed into the floor, and something with sharp talons kept him pinned to the floor. Dammit! Dammit! Bill glanced up at them. He was able to make out several shapes in the darkness of the room, and their size could easily tear him to shreds. The demon shook his head, "Stop. Stop. Stop." He muttered, flashing his gaze from one terror to the other. The one in the middle, the largest and most intimidating of them all, stepped forward, claws drawn and ready to strike.

     Bill dug his fingers into the rug, heart rate pulsing. Stop! The terror lunged forward. For the split moment it was in the air, its blood red teeth were visible to Bill. All the air in his lungs drained, and prevented him from screaming. All he could do was throw his arms in front of his face to hopefully delay the inevitable.

     And he waited...

     And waited....

     Then he waited more...

    Bill opened his eyes. Light forced his eyes to adjust to the room. There were no longer the monsters he once saw. Just him and the boy who opened the door.

     "What happened? I heard screaming, and I rushed down her as fast as I could."

     "DIPPER!"

     The demon lunged for the boy, then embraced him to the best of his ability.

     "Bill, I can't breathe!"

----

Hello Wattpad Land!

I am back, and I'll try to update for lost time. I can't guarantee any specific schedule, but I'll try my best.

Btw, this is a new format. I wanted to experiment, since the previous format I had wasn't my style.

Until next time...

BYE!!!