THREE

To read chapter two you must be a follower.

The breeze sends my hair flying all over my face, my hands reaching up to pull it back as I take in the view before me. The colorful sunset as the colors range from lilac to the softest orange so could ever imagine. From here, I can see the quite big nearby village, one where the council members stay or nobles and royals who have no need for packs. From up here I witness the world as it truly is, a masterpiece, yet dark.

Looking over my shoulder, I see him still where he left me, under the doorway of the balcony of a tea room, one of the many rooms located on this single tower, holding a massive balcony as well as it overlooks the world. "Ready?" He asks, pushing off and taking steps closer to me.

For nearly three hours he's showed me the castle, the halls, the grand rooms, the most important to the simplest. To say the least, this palace was truly built to be one for Kings and Queens.

"I believe so," I reply, turning around to face him as he draws a year away. Since we started the tour, he's left me to my space, my person bubble, but that doesn't stop his eyes. We don't move, I awaiting for him to make that move as we stay still upon the balcony several stories up. "Don't you have a council meeting?"

I don't know why I brought it up to be honest, I just need a conversation topic, plus, a little extra roaming on my own wouldn't be too bad. But what is he going to do with me? Is he going to send me home once the day is done? Why am I still here still rings through my head.

"It can wait," the King mumbles, cocking his head to the side as those golden eyes look deep into mine, reading me in places I never knew existed. "I have much to tell you."

"Of what?" I begin to back away, taking little steps here and there, only for him to catch on as he follows, a smug look upon his face. Of course he would love a chase, a game of catch the prey, any wolf loves that game. It's instincts.

My back hits the marble railing, my breath hitching as they King almost has his chest against mine, his lips dangerously near mine as he bends down to my size, his arms locking me in as they are on either side of me. "Your Majesty, I really do this you should attend this meeti-

His body is flush against mine, making me feel so small, so fragile, and as I stand here, Sebastian's eyes flash through my mind, hate and sadness taking over my heart and wolf. As if sensing something is wrong, hands come up to caress my face, but I push them away.

I'm shocked. I also push the King away, walking to the other side of the balcony as my wolf can feel the pain once more of losing her mate, as can I. "Why? Why are you doing this? It makes no sense! We both have mates. Although I was rejected I have still found mine, and I bet you have as well," I speak, not daring take a breath as I needed those words to come out of me.

He looks taken back actually, his eyes turning a bit hard as I cross my arms. Just then it hits me, that I was rude to the King, to a man who could have me hanged before the sun disappears. I instantly kneel, bowing my head in respect as my heart skips a beat. "I am sorry my King, I forgot my place," I apologize, seeing his feet near, his scent once more overwhelming me.

A hand is rested upon my head, the fingers running through my locks as he does a tisking noise. "Sybil, you are so innocent to the situation around you."

"My Lord, it is because nothing has been clarified as to why I am here and when I will go back home," I express, feeling as fingers move from my hair to my jaw, tracing the bone as my head is raised. As I meet those eyes, something tells me his explanation will be one to dread her press on for. He brings me to my feet, pulling me from the balcony and back into the massive sitting room used for tea or reading, multiple chairs circling different tables or on their own, small or large tables, violet walls, a polished white and black marble floor, and a painting over a fireplace in the back of a waterfall in a forest.