Forever Tainted

As a child, the palace was all I ever knew. The palace was my sanctuary and the only home I had. Within the palace I found my values, purpose, and myself.

I would paint pictures of the view from my window as my mother cried next door. I played the piano as my father ended another life just a floor below.

I love the palace, my home, my heart.

I found myself.

Loving it even more the moment it brought Sybil and I closer than anyone had before. From the moment I saw her in the city she reminded me of a young Lillian Rice, only, she haunted my very thoughts every awakening second, pulling me in every day more and more.

I love Sybil more than I ever did Lillian.

I love Sybil, the woman who brought me out of a darkened palace where so many lost their sanity and lives. So many came to the palace in hopes of a higher purpose, only to either lose their sanity with a scandal around every corner, pressure upon them every second of every day, some even murdered within these walls.

Few could ever handle the palace, and I handled it, acknowledged it as my childhood as blood upon the marble floors was the usual Friday morning and Saturday night.

I love the walls within I got down onto one knees, in which I tied the knot, in which I fell in love with Sybil Black.

I love the palace

...correction.

Loved.

I loved the walls within Sybil and I grew closer, within the walls I married her, proposed to her. I loved the walls where I would dance with my mother while father was torturing another man in the next room.

I loved the walls where Sybil once walked.

It's sad yet funny how fast life can throw a curve ball your way. Like a sick sense of humor thrown into a beautiful work of poetry.

One second you're looking into the eyes of the woman you love, and then next... the next all the memories you shared with her flash through your eyes.

I told her to run...

The bullet hit her square between the eyes.

I could do nothing but feel pain.

That was the first time I could never save her. I could not protect her.

I could not protect my wife nor future.

I loved the walls in which she once lived.

I loved the walls in which she once roamed.

Within the very days of her awaiting death, she told me of a heir, of a child within her.

That child was a sign of hope.

Hope that died with his mother. The next King passing away as his mother did as well.

Within the walls of the palace I worked my way, maids cleaning in the next room as I ended a life, visitors on the floor above as I tortured men below.

Within the walls of the palace I lost.

I lost the only think I loved

...

...

I lost Sybil

The End