TWENTY

Thank you all so much for making it to the twentieth chapter! Sorry for updating so late, I was gone the whole day flying to the States for the Forth of July.

"Let's go."

I'm dragged along, his fingers wrapped around my forearm tightly as I'm pulled beside the King out of my room. "We're are we going? Clearly the Senate is still here, so why aren't you with them?"

Zion ignores me, checking to make sure my attire is deemed appropriate by him. Marisa came in earlier, handing me a beautiful cream dress, a pencil skirt bottom and a tad form fitting around the bust. Hitting just s tad above the knee and a modest front, for sure I am supposed to look classy and elegant at the same time. Paired with simple nude heels, my hair pulled back in a sleek pony tail, and a simple layer of makeup, I do know that Zion wants me to make an impression wherever we are going.

As we enter the throne room, the front doors open, Zion checking me once more over as I can't help but groan. "I think I look presentable for whichever noble you are wanting to impress," I comment as the fresh air hits my face. We walk down the stairs to where a sleek Lamborghini awaits us, the doors opened by two palace guards.

"It's not the nobles I am worried about," Zion responds, moving his hand off of my arm, only to be at my hip as he holds me closer. "It's the public."

My eyes widen before I can even get a chance to run, Zion pushing me into the passenger side as the door is shut right away. "What the hell!" I shout as the King takes the driver's seat, a smirk upon his face. "You're making me go out in public, with the damn press too?!"

No response as the engine starts up and we drove off. This will be the first time I've left the palace to go to another location of civilization, which kind of frightens me. "The press will be there, and I will announce to them-

"That what? I'm some rogue who lives in the palace? They will think I'm some whore for the King who must of gotten knocked up because that's why I'm still with you." Zion chuckles, finding my worries funny as I scowl. "What? That we are to be married and have some messed up happily ever after?"

"I would prefer a elf to marry us then," Zion jokes, gaining a combination of vulgar words to flow from my mouth. "They will simply see us out in public, ask a few questions, and take pictures as they come up with some story for hormonal teenage wolves."

I laugh at the last part, understanding perfectly well why. Many of my friends had pictures of King Zion when he was a Prince even, each hung up on their wall as many wanted to be swept off their feet by him. So childish now to think of it. "And what will we be doing in the public area?"

"Shopping."

"For what exactly?" I ask, raising an eyebrow as Zion shoots me a billion-dollar smile of perfect white teeth. "Because my feet are going I hurt like a bitch in these heels."

"No swearing when out either," Zion comments. "Not professional." I roll my eyes, looking towards the village of the nobles, royals, and just any wolf individual or family with some other importance to the government. A small brick village, though the houses are not small, many estates lurking around with massive properties. Some homes are mini castles that surround the village, and as you go inward, they begin to look a little more upper class than billion-dollar houses.

The roads are bricks, the cream and light brown colors looking beautiful with the luscious green grass. Gardens are maintained here very well, and the further you get to the city center, the more flowers you see. Soon enough it all looks like Amsterdam, the houses next to one another, narrow shops lined up to make a long strip mall with residences going from the second to even fifth floor.