SIXTEEN

"I'd advise a closed mouth tonight," Penelope comments as we greet each other, passing through the entrance of a massive dinning room, a long wooden table upon a massive Persian rug, elegant chairs spread around the table as it stretches on for yards. "That was no one dies, only some blood and broken bones."

I frown at the female Alpha, parting was as Zion motions for me to go towards him. Following the King's gaze, it lands upon the chair besides him, telling me where to sit tonight. Some Alphas move out of the way for me, many still looking at me with bitter stares as my rogue scent can be picked up.

Tonight I wore scarlet red, the dress beautiful as it sweeps the floor, the slit exposing all the way up to mid thigh, a dip in the back and modest front. To say the most, I think the color represents what I'm expecting tonight. For some odd reason, whether Zion finds out who my mate is, someone's blood is going to be spilled tonight.

I know it.

Zion stretches out his arm, offering his hand, staring me in the eyes, telling me to take it. And I do, obeying the King's wish as his larger one wraps around mine, pulling me closer to him as I remember the color his eyes turned in the tunnel.

"Let us sit," Zion announces to the guests, the many Alphas awaiting the King to sit before they can. As Zion takes his seat, we all follow, the sound of chairs moving echoing across the massive room. "And dine."

Maids rush to please as the drinks are served, alcohol poured in one glass and water in the other. A hand is placed upon my thigh, moving under the material of my slit, the touch of skin upon mine making me jump a bit in my seat. Looking to Zion with a scowl, I see him raising his glass, everyone else following as I do the same.

We drink, the champaign going smoothly down my throat as I'm rather impressed. Maybe because I already had two shots of tequila before we got here. Setting my glass down, the course begins as the first section is brought out, the chatter beginning.

Zion turns to me, offering me a lopsided smile as I reply with a forced one, pulling my leg quickly away from him. "I assume you don't want to be here," Zion comments, his smile becoming a smirk as he already knows his answer. I turn my head away, catching up on the conversations already started as the salad is brought over.

Politics are spoken along with the war tactics as I listen along, pretending to be interested. Penelope takes a dominate side in the matter, silencing many who oppose her opinion on the matter. She says no to the rogues, some say yes. Sebastian takes her side on the matter, expressing disgust for rogues. His mother died due to rogues. He made me become something he hated.

"They are the low life. You do not see the humans calling upon the worst criminals for aid. They cannot be trusted either," Sebastian snaps to one Alpha, taking a bite of his salad as I follow. They do not care that a rogue sits among them. They say we have no respect for them, yet they have no respect for us. Touché.

"I hope you all understand calling upon the rogues would also prove difficult. What do we do? Just put up random signs that read 'Hey, the werewolves who kicked you out, they want your loyalty for a war.' It's fucking stupid!" One Alpha expresses in hate as I'm taken back. He does have one hell of a point.

"We do not need their loyalty, we need their fighting skills, their numbers," another argues, Zion watching as the Alphas still discuss business.

"You find this amusing?" I ask, watching as the King pushes his crown down upon his head a bit, keeping it centered and on tight as another ten minutes pass. The soup is next, some Alphas taking to it better as the salad.

"Rogues are liars!" Penelope shouts, standing to her feet as I'm shocked just like everyone else around the table. Zion sits back in his chair, loving this scene before him.