FORTY-FIVE

Eight long days have passed. In either on the throne as Lords and Alphas come before me, either giving gifts of the new marriage or stopping for true royal business. In eight days I've helped decrease witch attacks on a small pack, helped to hunt down five hunters going after one pack, and even help finance the Kingdom. To say the most, I've been a busy Queen.

"Queen Sybil?"

I stir, groaning as I pull the covers over my head, wishing whoever is here would go away.

"Sweetheart?"

I roll onto my stomach, grabbing a pillow with me as I inhale Zion's scent. His head once laid here over a week ago.

I through the smell was gone by now.

I scream, flipped over as a figure stands in the shadows over me. Before I can call for help, lips crash upon mine as I'm lost on a world of lust and joy.

Zion.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pull him down onto me, a smile across my lips as he laughs at my actions.

Flipping us over so I'm on top, I reach for the nightstand, turning on the room lights as those golden brown orbs meet mine.

He's back.

My hands fall to his face, my eyes searching every piece of his face for any sign of damage.

"Goddess, you're safe. Thank the Moon Goddess," I cry out, placing my lips upon his once more, remembering how much I've wanted and wished for this moment to come. "Are you hurt? Any wounds?"

Zion chuckles, shaking his head.

He takes my hands, holding them in his as my heart rate beats fast within my chest. Twisting the ring around my finger in his hand, Zion stares into my eyes, the silence consuming us.

"How was the battle....?" I ask.

His eyes show defeat.

"We lost quite a few..." Zion pauses, "but we won, their troops retreating."

I put my hands upon his chest, only for Zion to hiss out in pain. "What's wrong?" I ask, worry lacing my voice as I look down at his chest.

Right away I tear at his shirt. "Are you sure? Zion, you seem hurt."

As I undo the shirt to reveal a chiseled chest, nothing looks harmed.

But that's when I spot it, the glittering item upon his torso where my hands were. "You think this is funny."

"Think of as an exchange for your scare," Zion whispers, pulling my head down as he places a kiss upon my jaw. My fingers wrap around the necklace, the silver chair containing sapphires that hang from different areas along the chain. "And this."

I'm flipped over, under the King as his lips land upon my mark, my back arching as I press my chest upon his. His hands go behind my neck, placing the necklace around my neck as he settled between my legs.

By morning I'm groaning as the sun meets my eyes. Rolling onto my side, I wrap an arm around what should be Zion, only to meet the sheets.

Getting to my feet, I head right for the shower, getting ready for the day as I already know where to find him. As I finish dressing for the day, I head out the room, walking down the marble halls as my fingers trace the necklace around my neck.

As I enter the throne room, I find Zion there, standing before the stairs to his throne, the royal robes upon his shoulders and the crown on his head. "I thought you'd find me soon enough," Zion remarks as he acknowledges my presence, turning his head to spot me.