THIRTY-EIGHT

"Get your ass up," Ginger snaps, the lights turning on as I roll onto my stomach. "We've got a day before us."

"The sun is not out yet," I mumble, pulling the covers tighter. "Go."

"Get your little runt ass up and out of bed or I'll pull you out like yesterday," Ginger growls, her wolf surfacing as mine wants to lash out right away. I've survived seven days here, one whole week in hell as I'm constantly reminded that she could kick me out to depend upon my own at any second. "Let's go."

I abide by her growl, sitting up as freshly-washed clothes are thrown at my face like yesterday morning. The door slams shut, leaving me to change as the moon is still up in the sky. Grabbing the bottom of my shirt, I begin to change, looking at the clothes she's given me today. Yesterday was a pair of black leggings and workout shirt as I spent half the day outside with three other rogues as we worked out and even helped me train a bit.

For the most part Ginger has been tolerable, reminding me as Zion with how she handles many of the rogue that follow her: stern with no bias and to be respected.

Pulling the faded flannel onto my body, I begin to button up the shirt as Ginger enters the room again, tossing me a bottle of chocolate milt with protein powder mixed in. If there's one thing I've learned about the hot-headed rogue leader, she loves her protein drinks and pool. Not to mention she cares deeply for her hair since it seems some hair dresser is always here to retouch her roots even if her natural color is not peaking forth. "Drink up, we're heading into the city to see Drexel."

Nodding, I watch as she leaves again, allowing me to pull on the pair of stretchy jeans, those jeggings that Ginger practically swears bye because you can still fight in them. As I pull them on, following is a pair of boots, a knife slipped into one as I get to my feet. I put my hair back in a bun, stretching my neck as I open up the chocolate milk. Ever since Zion had called to say he wants me back, Ginger made sure security has been fully up, even introducing me to one of her main men she uses as a hacker, one who studied at MIT to drop or because his mate was banished as a rogue, following her as he became one as well.

Finding the Ring Leader in her living room, clad in her signature leather jacket, satin black top, jet black jeans tucked into a pair of combat boots, her hair is the only thing to add color to her look really. "Let's go."

I nod, following behind the tall rogue as a pair of rogues I've met as her top body guards meet us at the front door of her modern mini-mansion. "Drexel will be meeting us at a more secluded corner of a café," Ginger explains as four more guards appear, escorting us into a maroon SUV, making sure to keep a close eye upon the outside world around us.

As the driver takes the wheel, the car starts up and I finally get to get out this property, to have a small piece of freedom. "Why am I coming?" I ask, putting on my seatbelt as Ginger pulls out her phone. "Zion could be waiting for me."

"Not when a gun is to his fiancé's skull."

My skin pales. "What?"

"Relax, Cinderella, I won't shoot you, just put a weapon to your head to make sure he won't try anything," Ginger explains, trying to make light of a serious situation. "He wouldn't dare harm me or my men with a gun to his little Queen's precious head."

I know where she is coming from, yet I am in no way fond of her plan. "I don't like it."

"Doesn't matter, you ensure my safety because of your lover." She's blunt, that's one thing I am still adjusting to. Besides her healthy eating habits that make me crave some ice cream and mac and cheese. "Just don't make me be annoyed with you enough to pull the trigger."