FIFTY-ONE

I don't usually do this, but I would like to dedicate this chapter to @Ivona1950 This fellow Wattpad member has stood up not only for this book, but also its author as well in an argument with another Wattpad member that really portrays your biggest annoyance in the world. For this member, I would like to thank you for standing up against this little (pardon my French) bitch, who could not find something more meaningful to do with her life. To @Ivona1950 I solute you with a great deal of respect. We need more people like you on this site.

<><>

"Are you okay?" Zion asks as I enter the bedroom, my gaze meeting his as he stands up from the bed. "You've been gone for about three hours."

Was it really that long?

I remember getting the news and just sliding down the wall, just looking out upon the white walls as I think the next however months through.

"Sybil?"

"I'm good," I practically blurt out, watching as Zion places his suit jacket upon the bed and approaches me.

He nods, his hands upon my shoulders as he moves to my arms. "You seem off." Resting his forehead against mine, I take in a deep breath. "Was Penelope weird today?" I shake my head 'no.'

"When do we meet with Lord Kane for dinner?" I question, pulling back from his touch as I slip off my heels.

Zion shrugs, pulling me into a warming embrace, resting his chin upon my head as I think of the child. The child I am carrying. How far along am I? I don't have a bump at all yet. Penelope estimates at least four months along.

"In an hour Lord Kane will be here."

Zion pulls away, meeting my gaze, his face lowering towards mine.

His lips press against mine with a soft touch, his fingers gently brushing my cheeks. My arms wrap around his neck as I hoist myself up onto my toes.

How will I tell him? Will I tell him before he leaves tomorrow? If I don't it will eat me up alive. If I do, how would Zion respond. I have no doubt in my mind that Zion wouldn't be happy. Zion would be happy, he should be, and I bet he will be beyond happy.

He needs to know.

"Zio-

His lips press firmer against mine, more passionate as he leads me back, falling back into the bed as I follow along. "Please tell me you are happy to be back in the palace," Zion whispers, his lips grazing his mark as I arch my back.

"I am."

Zion pulls away, a lopsided smile upon his face as I reflect the emotion. "I'm sorry I'm leaving tomorrow. I swear, Sybil, when this whole war is done, I swear I'll always be by your side when you wake up and fall asleep." My heart pounds within my chest at his words. "Just promise me you will be here when I return."

His lips meet mine as I'm lost in words, both sadness and happiness in the mix. Tangled within the sheets I find my muse, Zion's body encompassing mine as times flies bye.

"I love you," I whisper, finding myself breathless as Zion lays beside me, his fingers weaving through my hair. "It has taken me so long to see that." Tears begin to bring my eyes as I think of the secret that I hold.

I have to tell him.

But when?

Before he leaves or when he gets back?

Zion shifts into his side, looking out upon my face as he takes in my appearance. "The second I spotted you I was damned to hell, Sybil Monquieff, damned to suffer the eternal flames because the second I saw you, I knew I would do anything to have you by my side."