ELEVEN

The halls are dark, the palace silent, and my feet go light against the floor as I pass through a dinning hall and into the West Wing. My wolf is on alert, my senses heightened as I need them to be for this. Taking in a deep breath, I pick up his scent, the one that drives you crazy and your wolf mad. The one that can do things to you.

I remember the maids putting up a sheet that lists the names of the Alphas and their room numbers. Pulling open the door to the West Wing, I search for the paper, his scent growing stronger.

That's when I find it, the list of names and numbers. I search for his name, wanting to know where to find this menace. 213.

Just as I take a step back, about to head into the direction, I hit something.

Stumbling back into something, that's when I feel it, the sparks, dull but still there. "Hello, Sybil."

Snapping my head back, I see him, not the same as before, not put together and looking like a true gentleman, but rather the same Sebastian I grew up knowing. With a smirk upon his face, his eyes flooded with uncertain emotions, I find Sebastian grabbing my chin, cocking his head to the side.

"What a surprise," he sarcastically greets, his eyes looking deep within mine. "Now, I've got to hear this story, how you met the King." He smiles. "Let me guess, seduction? Guilt? Did you find a witch for a potion?"

I scowl, pushing away from Sebastian as his grip only tightens upon my chin. "Through unlucky luck," I hiss, shoving upon his chest once more as my wolf growls. "Sadly the same asshole that threw me out is now back. Sadly, Sebastian, this is my domain."

"Your domain?!" He chuckles, taking a step forward. "I don't see a mark nor ring upon that delicate little body of yours."

I offer him a sarcastic smile, my nails digging into his skin as the silent hall fills my ears once again. "I don't see you standing beside the King."

"What does he want with you?" He asks, looking down upon me.

"You should be careful, Sebastian."

"And why?"

"He knows I was rejected. He knows it's an Alpha. He wants a name," I speak up, cocking my head to the side. "He wants your name so he can-

"Let me guess, kill me?" Sebastian interrupts.

"He doesn't take to whoever rejected me lightly."

"Why?" Sebastian asks, making me calm my nerves down.

I open my mouth, wondering what to say next, only to reveal confusion. "You and me both wonder the same thing."

Sebastian chuckles, grabbing my forearm as he begins to drag me from the sheet and towards a flight of stairs. "I'm not going with you, Sebastian." He frowns, acting hurt as I cross my arms. "You rejected me."

"Why so bitter, look where I got you," he snaps, pushing his hands into his pockets. "I got you in the palace, at the side of the King. I think you'd rather want to thank me right now."

I scoff. "Thank someone who threw me out from my friends and family? Seems a little bit too extreme." Sebastian looks at me, from head to toe, looking me over as if for a sign of change. "Also a douchebag move."

Sebastian scoffs, grabbing my arm again as he pulls me with him. I follow willingly, knowing we will have a very long conversation next. Besides, the more we argue in the halls, the more we awaken people. As we pass bye five more doors, we approach a single door, my senses heightened. For sure, I know Sebastian will do something to make me miserable tonight.