THIRTY-FIVE

"Who is she exactly?" I ask, crossing my arms as Drexel steps harder upon the gas. Grabbing my purse, I pull out my phone, the cracked screen bringing back memories of my life as a rogue. The lock screen is still the same, a picture of my mother and I, her smile bright, her eyes just like mine, and Niagara Falls in the background.

Right away my emotions try to surface. I hold myself together, unlocking the device as I look upon past texts. "You need to get rid of that."

"You already took-

My phone is grabbed, Drexel rolling down the window of the rental car as he throws it out.

My jaw drops, shocked by his sudden movement. "King Zion knows some of the best trackers in the world," Drexel explains.

"Why didn't you take it away sooner?" I ask, looking out the window to where Drexel threw my phone out. "Zion knows could of been-" I drop it, not even bothering anymore as I pull out my wallet from the purse. Since we landed in Utah, I've been pulling out my wallet, looking at my license, knowing I still have something to my name that doesn't tie into Zion.

Do I miss him?

Is that something to soon to ask? Only seven hours ago did I leave Zion with Drexel. On the whole flight Drexel went over what we are to do, how we are to cover out tacks and for my final questions to be answer. Not only do I want to uncover who was Zion's true mate, but I need time. Sure, just telling Zion the truth and asking for the same in return, I need time. No one just agrees to marriage out of the blue in months.

"So, who is she?"

"Lily?" Drexel asks, meeting my gaze briefly as we pass the sign into Newton. "A Luna, one of the few who won't let Zion know where you are or even know of you."

"She doesn't know of me? That's a relief," I respond, glad that no one is tied up in the stupid drama of the palace.

"She's human."

Surprised for sure. For a wolf to mate with a human is rare for sure. Although it is growing more common, it's still rare to hear of a human Luna. "Which Alpha?" I ask, guessing already. After spending so long with these Alphas I know each one by heart practically.

As we pass the bridge and enter a small town, my eyes scan the scenery as Drexel doesn't respond. For the most part, Newton looks like your average small town, the cute little stores around Main Street, a high school decorated for the season of graduation, and the usual people my age hanging out near different shops or the park. People my age. Sure, some may be werewolves, but I doubt any are rogues that don't know whether to marry the King or stay away. Hell, war is about to take place!

Drexel takes a sharp left turn, the car heading up a hill with beautiful houses on display. Goddess these people are loaded, and no doubt one of these houses are property of the Alpha. "The pack is one of the few that interact with others internationally," Drexel comments, breaking the silence as we pull into a massive and modern house's driveway, the garage underground. No doubt Zion has something like that. With a massive door and walls replaced by windows, I only wonder which Alpha this is.

"What do I say? Will the Luna be here?" I ask, looking around at the house.

"Notice anything out of place?" Drexel asks as I raise an eyebrow.

I spot it, a car that does not quite fit into the high society and expensive items these people own. So the Luna drives a Mini Cooper. Letting out a deep breath, I collect myself, fixing my hair quickly as Drexel waits for me to leave. "And on what to say, Sybil," Drexel pauses, "if you can talk back to the Alpha King and negotiate with rogue leaders, then you can talk to a human Luna."