TWENTY-TWO

Well, here you guys go, a very important chapter. Thank you for making it this far.

Maybe this whole ball thing is way bigger than I thought?

Marisa finishes up my dress, making sure everything is complete perfection as she makes sure no wrinkles are to be found. Never would I think of myself more than happy to wear a dress this beautiful, especially for a ball in the palace of Kings.

The red fabric is beautiful, the color a rich red, yet also holding a sense of elegance with the color as it is presented on silks. The dress sweeps the floor, a slit leading up to mid-thigh, exposing my leg (Marisa had to spray tan me sadly enough, saying I was 'too pale'). The back is a deep plunge, crystals lining the edges as they feel cold against my back. I never thought I would ever wear something this revealing and beautiful. The front is a simple sweetheart design, the thin crystals also seen there as I move my fingers across the gems.

"Now, for the jewelry," Marisa informs, grabbing the necklace from the bag that I picked out. It's different, the necklace, not the same simple one.

"This isn't the one I chose," I comment, looking at the display of wealth around my neck, the diamonds amazing me.

"King Zion said you were to wear this." Thankfully the earrings are the same as I put them on, looking at myself in the mirror. I feel like a trophy to be paraded around and then locked away after the night is done.

Sliding into my silver shoes, I do a twirl, loving the feel of the expensive material upon my body. Especially around my shaved legs. I've always heard silk and shaved legs are one beautiful combination.

Marisa leads me out of the closet, explaining how to be on my best behavior and make sure to remember that I do not curtsy to anyone but Zion. Nodding my head, she makes sure no loose hairs are present. A tight and beautiful bun pinned back my diamond studs is what my hair looks like, a simple layer of makeup to compliment it.

No matter what tonight holds in store, I want to see the palace walls lit up with candles and decorations, the music playing trough the massive halls, and no talk of war or rogues. For sure there will be talk of rogues though, for I am one present.

"I'd better be off, Zion will escort you."

Of course he will, I think to myself, rolling my eyes as I look around the room.

For another ten minutes I wait, and once the door opens to reveal the devil himself, I find myself weak at the knees. No matter what this male wears he always seems to impress me. With the crown upon his head, a golden dash across his tux, and his toned body presented very nicely, my mouth does more than water for now. "So, everyone has arrived for the most part."

I nod, walking to the door as he runs a set of fingers through his thick and well-done hair. "How many?"

"Around three hundred," he replies, taking my hand as I'm pulled from my sanctuary. "And you do look ravishing."

"Please, nothing cliché," I mumble, looping my arm with his as we walk to the hidden door that is held open by a guard. "And try to not act all business-like tonight, at least around me. Those people are a bore."

He chuckles, kissing my forehead as we walk past the door. "And happy birthday," I comment, nudging him with my elbow, offering him a childish smile as I cross my eyes. Going back to a normal face, we go through a couple of halls, Zion explaining how we when enter he will be greeted with respect and silence, to then give a toast and the first dance to begin. "So it's like some organized entrance," I comment, hearing the chatter grow louder as we pass through the throne room.