NINETEEN

"I'm not a fan of those who would rather hide from their problems," Zion greets as I roll my eyes. The cold wind blows against my skin, shivers running down my spine as Zion leans against the balcony railing next to me. He sets a bottle of whisky on the marble railing, passing me over a glass. "You're the one who needs a drink here."

"Yah, and I wonder why," I snap, running my hands through my hair as I groan. "You know what, Zion," I begin, my voice sharp. "It's all because you got a little too involved in someone's personal life."

Zion opens the whisky, pouring me a glass as I let out a deep breath. Grabbing the glass, I take a sharp swing, wanting to just throw it all over his face. No doubt that silky Italian suit he wears would be ruined by his expensive whisky. "I was involved because it mattered."

"That makes no sense," I growl, feeling my wolf want to break free and claw him right in the face. "You make no damn sense." I take another swing of the alcohol, turning around to my back against the railing as I meet those golden eyes that mimic the rich, yellow flakes of the sunrise. "So, tell me, before you say anything else..."

Zion raises an eyebrow as I take a step towards him, raising my hand as I trace his neck. "Who is your mate?" I ask, pulling his collar down, revealing the fading scar as Zion immediately pushes away, covering the mark back up. "Because the way you acted with Sebastian, I have every damn right to act as foolish as you did as I figure out who your mate was or even is."

The night sky seems peaceful as the moonlight shines against the glass of the windows. "She is none of your concern."

"She is every fucking concern!" I shout, throwing the expensive glass out to the lake, watching as it spirals down to the lake, ripples forming in the water. Zion's eyes harden as I take ahold of the bottle, taking another drink. "I want my answers, the ones I've been waiting too long for."

My arm is grabbed, pulling me right against him, chest to chest, not an inch left between as my eyes widen in shock and fear. Zion looks down at me, his eyes searching my face as I don't know what is going on.

Lips.

That's all I can think of as his arms wrap around my smaller body, pulling me even closer as my arms move on their own.

Hands.

Heat.

In seconds I'm pressed against the cold stone wall, held caged in by his arms as I let my fingers go through his locks. A moan escapes my lips as I can feel a smile against the King's lips.

The King.

The man who has a mate.

The man who killed my mate.

Instantly, I shove away, getting any distance between us. Right away, I gain a growl of disapproval, the King taking my wrists as he pins them above my head. "You know we needed that, and more," he snaps, his eyes black, mixed with anger and lust. "So, here we go, Sybil, I'll give you some damn answers."

Lips are back on mine as hands are on my hips, lifting me up. Right away, my legs wrap around his waist, my arms around his neck as the King walks with me back into my room. I still hate that he can freely just come into my room.

The soft feeling of silks under me let me know what it happening as the King breaks away. "She was someone I was not proud of." I pull away, propping myself up on my elbows as I watch his jaw clench.

"Not proud of your mate? What was she? A peasant?" I ask, taking in a deep breath as the softness of my robe is pushed off of my shoulders. Earlier today the Senate was in session, for sixteen hours straight, only breaks for people on bathroom or lunch. For sure he's tired and stressed with the whole matter. I did not attend at all, rather spending the day at the music room and library, being bored.