THIRTY-SEVEN

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" She yells, kicking over the vase of her house, the delicate object crashing onto the floor. After another twenty seconds of a rage, her pale fingers run through her platinum blond hair, the sharp cut along her jawline making her cheekbones stand out even more. For sure she looks like a cold kill. She killed an Alpha for someone she thought loved her back only to be banished. "It's like I'm saving your ass again."

"Ginger, I need help during this time and I thought you were the one to understand me," I confess, watching as Drexel passes into the living room, nodding to Ginger.

"What, because I thought I loved someone? Because look how that turned out!" She snaps, grabbing my wrist as she pulls me into her house, slamming the door behind her. "So here I stand, a powerful rogue with a doomed fate."

She's powerful. A Ring Leader. A massive influence. Driving onto her property was already nerve-racking enough, how she has different groups of rogues making sure the area stays secure from packs and others like hunters or warriors. I watch as Ginger let's go of my wrist, her hand grabbing the gun she held to my head the second I walked in.

One day ago I was with Lily, the Luna of Nixon's pack, as we uncovered Lillian Rice's fate to still have answers. As Royal guards sent by Zion arrived we headed into another building and were able to escape, Drexel taking me right over and into California to take shelter with Ginger. "I doubt you'd wouldn't mind keeping Zion frustrated and pissed off some more," I comment, watching as Ginger heads past the living room, stepping onto her leather couch and right over as she doesn't bother to walk around.

Following the rogue so many adore, Drexel and I turn a corner and into a massive dining room with windows everywhere, modern furniture everywhere. "Take a seat, Lady Sybil."

And I do, sliding right into one as Drexel crosses his arms, following the rogue as they exit the room. I know to trust Drexel, that he is looking out for me, but something is off. There has to be a reason as to why he is helping me out. "I want you gone, Drexel! The damn fiancé of your stupid King can stay here as long as the mutt wants, but I want you gone. You here means your buddies only following closely behind," I hear Ginger snapping from the other room, the atmosphere growing tense as I find myself shrinking down into my seat. "You leave and she stays."

"You're asking me to go against my orders. I am to protect the future Queen at every damn cost."

"And with her here you are protecting the little mutt."

My blood boils as I'm called mutt once again. To give you an idea of what it means, it's like a human being called muggle in the Harry Potter world, or even someone being called a mudblood. All I know is that I am past patiently waiting, I'm past staying here as they argue who will stay to aid me. I may not trust Drexel to the fullest, but I trust him way more than Ginger.

"I trust Drexel. At least let him stay in a close perimeter," I interrupt, standing beside Drexel as Ginger's eyes follow me. "I want him able to aid in case of an emergency."

"I have rogues on my property to aid incase of people like you," Ginger snaps. "You want my help...you do what I say."

I know she has the right to declare that. She has every right to do so even if I'm not a fan of it. "I'm the one who made the deal with your group of Ring Leaders and the Kingdom," I snap back, staring the rogue down. "I-

"You are so stupid!" She laughs. "Goddess, there's no way that Zion picked you for your brains. I at least hope you're good in bed. That must be the only reason." My blood boils as my canines begin to come forth. "I don't know why else he would keep you."

"You don't know a damn thing!" I shout, my hands turning into fists. "I know what is going on behind closed doors-

"For sure you do, especially bedroom doors."