TWELVE

To read chapter 11 you must be a follower

"King Zion, good day," an Alpha greets as I follow Zion, side by side, through the doors of the Senate chamber. It's set up a bit like the Council Chamber, the circular room, the throne by the massive window, raised by stairs to display dominance. The Alpha chairs are circled around the throne, a massive number with desks, Alphas already taking their seats.

As we pass the through the oak doors, the Senate rises, bowing their heads in respect as we pass to the throne. I spot Sebastian on the second row, his eyes trained on me as he looks over my body, causing me to feel uncomfortable.

King Zion wraps an arm around my waist, displaying possession over me to all the Alphas. His actions make me nervous and only want to leave. "Welcome to the palace," Zion greets, a smile upon his face as the Alphas watch him take a seat, causing them to then sit down as well. Beside the throne is a beautiful and antique chair, set up for me, and code enough for Zion to still hold my hand as we sit.

As I take a seat upon the chair, his fingers lace through with mine, squeezing tightly to make sure I don't take mine away. I put on a smile, showing the Alphas that I'm comfortable.

Penelope is the first to rise, bowing her head as she gets ready to speak. "My King, as every Alpha here, we would like to know the cause of this Senate meeting, a historical event."

Every meeting is documented into history, for a King will only call upon the Senate in crisis or war. "Alpha Shannon, I have called you all here because we are about to be at war."

The room becomes dead silent, the faces paling as I come to accept the news as fact. It came as no shock based upon the Council meeting I sat in upon. How they mentioned the vampire race that has threatened them.

"Who has declared war?" An Alpha asks, rising to his feet as I find myself more involved. The last war took a toll upon the wolf empire. When at war, packs send a percent of their warriors to the palace, to unite and fight against the enemy, to protect the Kingdom. The last war, over nine thousand warriors were lost, but that was seven decades ago when the witches wanted revenge. King Alfred seven decades ago was in love with a witch, only to discover she had cheated on him with a wizard. In rage, her kill the wizard and burned his lover in the end, causing an uproar and hate fed between the two races until four decades ago when a Princess of the royal family married into a noble wizard family.

"They are a group of unique vampires," Zion begins, squeezing my hand a little firmer. Even for a King who does not show that much emotion to this crowd, I can tell he is scared, that he is worried for his people. "Their eyes are pitch black like a true demons and believe that we are to blame for the slaughter of twenty nobles'. They claim that revenge is what they need and they will not go down without a fight."

Voices begin to whisper, my ears unable to stay locked upon one comment before another one blocks it. The room turns into chaos with questions flying everywhere, the Senate worried for their packs and future children as the news reaches them.

"Silence," Zion growls, the floor vibrating as chairs shake, causing everyone, including me, to become frightened. Something tells me that growl was nothing to what he can do. "I called you all here because we must work through the number of warriors every pack can give to the palace yet keep for protection in the packs. I was tactics worked through, alliances made, and a stronger kingdom to unite before we are approached with a bloody sunrise."

"How many do we need, King Zion?" Sebastian asks, causing my throat to run dry as he gives me a small glance. "Surely this group of leeches do not have more than three thousand soldiers."