TWENTY-FIVE

I'm pushed against the wall, my head snapping back as the breath is knocked out of my body. Groaning in pain, I look back up, keeping an eye level with my attacker.

His deep green eyes lock with mine, memories flooding back of all those years ago. From the first time we met to the last. From when he first said we would be good friends to when he watched as I became rogue, not dating to even care. I remember the day he found his mate, Meg Masters, a beautiful blond who can fight.

"Let go," I snap, trying to push back upon the Alpha, the hallway empty as I look for anyone around. "Let go, Trent."

He smirks, causing my jaw to clench. A small chuckle escapes his lips. "I doubt the big and bad Alpha King will come to help his whore now, he's probably just finding another girl like you as we speak." That hits a nerve.

And I reply with a fist to the face, watching as Trent's head is knocked back sharply. "You're disrespecting your future Queen here," I hiss, pushing at Trent, this time getting out of his hold. "I'm sure you heard that Sebastian also disrespected the King and me, causing his throat to be slit open."

Trent shakes his head, adding in a small laugh as I get frustrated. "Goddess, no wonder why the two of you were mates. Perfect for one another."

"Fate had another idea in mind," I respond, watching as Trent's face grows sour.

"Really? Fate? Another stupid excuse for what happens! You talk of fate as if it's the good guy here, as if it's god, as if it's something to put your worthless hope into."

To talk about the goddess and fate in such bad respect is considered frowned upon. Ever since the werewolves were crafted we were told to worship and respect our goddess and let fate have its way. To never cheat fate.

"You have a mate, you let the goddess and fate have their way then," I state, remembering how Trent was so happy to find out Meg was his mate, how he wanted to show her off to the whole world. "Why so bitter towards it now?"

Trent rolls his shoulder back, fixing his tie, and looking to the entrance of the hall, making sure we are all alone. "Because it is just some silly cartoon made up. I can also see you've come to find it useless, how you let yourself fall for someone who is not your mate."

"Plenty have done that," I retort. "Many men and women have cheated on their mates." Trent takes a step back, straightening out his suit jacket as footsteps can be heard.

"Alpha Trent, how are you?" Zion asks, entering the hall as he spots me. Right in time too. "Settling in I suppose?"

Trent nods, bowing his head just like all the rest, no different. "Yes, my King, just settling in."

He leaves, disappearing beyond the corner as I'm left alone with the Alpha King. Just as I let out a deep breath, I'm only shocked as lips lock with mine, hands pulling me closer as my body feels alive.

Once more my back meets the wall, but this time, it's a gentle push, one that allows me to still maintain control of my body. As fingers cup my chin and one of my hands cup the back of his neck, I only want to find an isolated room.

Zion pulls away, his eyes still shut as mine peel open. My heart thumps heavily within my chest, feelings going down south in my body. Either my period or myself getting turned on. As Zion's eyes open and my arms loosen up around him, I think back to the night I was under him, so close to doing the deed.

My first time was not the best, in the back of a boyfriend's car after the Halloween Masquerade freshman year. The next time wasn't better although on a bed, the lights off and the dude having to do four layers of condoms as his parents were downstairs, thinking we were studying. To say the least, the rest of my times got barely any better.