FOURTEEN

A/N: I know some people are wondering why Zion cannot smell Sebastian on Sybil and vise versa, but that's simply because it's not a part of the sorry I am telling. Every werewolf author has different things these creatures can do, and this is one of mine. I know it confused some people.

<><>

"Just because he is the fucking King doesn't mean I have to respect him when he calls upon rogues," a familiar voice shouts throughout the walls of the West Wing.

I pull my feet into my stomach, leaning my head back against the chair as I sit silently.

"You'd be wise to hold your tongue," another man snaps as the voices get closer to where I am. "He could easily have your head for that disrespect."

"He needs my troops, this he needs me," Sebastian growls, and from what I can hear, he's shoved the warning Alpha away as he tries to unlock the door. I place my feet down, crossing my legs as I await him in the dark room. "Stupid damn lock."

The door clicks open and he enters, his wolf surfacing as I can sense the anger rolling off of him in waves. Just as the lights turn on, illuminating the room with me in it, Sebastian's eyes land on me briefly before he grabs his phone off of a stand. "What do you want?"

I purse my lips together, thinking of what to say next. Arriving her two hours ago, I wondered the whole time what to do, why I was here, and how to talk to Sebastian. Only five hours ago did I do something I do not know if I regret or feel no guilt for. "Sybil?"

Sighing, I get to my feet. "I asked about my parents the other day and you tried to deny me any answers. So here I am, Sebastian, I want word on my parents," I inform, watching as he looks up from his phone, his eyes turning an even paler green that I ever thought could happen. "I want to know."

"You don't want to know, Sybil," Sebastian whispers, hurt filling his voice as I realize what he means, how his tone of voice and the atmosphere change of the room indicates something is wrong. Sebastian sets down his phone, pinching the bridge of his nose as my heart feels pain. Although we rejected one another, the pain the other feels (if at a close enough distance), you also feel. My hands move up to cover my mouth, my body feeling weak as Sebastian takes in a deep breath.

"Sybil, I do not want to tell you."

Sebastian is soon beside me, pulling me in for a hug as I forget all that he has done to me. What he is feeling right now, it is true, it is real. The pain he feels that has triggered inside of me is also real. "I want to know, Sebastian, I want to know so damn much," I cry, feeling my eyes water as he shakes his head.

"Your mother and father went looking for you after you were not responding." A sob escapes my lips and Sebastian holds me tighter, his arms squeezing me enough to let me know he is here for me. I know him, that as an Alpha, when something goes wrong to a pack member, he will mourn. Only to me is he really an asshole, and to others as well. "When they could not find you..." He pauses, pulling away from me as I suck in a deep breath of air, trying to calm myself down.

"What happened? What happened when they could not find me?" I ask, my hands moving up to grasp his shirt, pulling him close enough for my head to rest upon his chest. "What happened to them?"

"I'm sorry."

"What happened?" I scream, pushing on the Alpha as he stumbles back a step or two, his eyes growing puffy as I wipe my tears away.

"I cannot."

"Damn it, tell me!" I scream, slapping the Alpha out of rage, watching his eyes turn pitch black.