TWENTY-SIX

Sorry this took so long to update, I was flying back home for the day.

She smiles.

She greets the King with a warm greeting, kindness the main theme of her conversation.

Those eyes glance towards me, the lavender hue so beautiful, so elegant. But this time they hold a certain emotion that scares me, an emotion of annoyance and disappointment mixed with anger. "And the famous Lady Sybil I've heard so much about," Keva greets me, bowing her head as her locks fall over her shoulders, revealing those pointed ears.

As she looks up to meet my eyes, my palms begin to sweat and my heart skip a beat. She means trouble here. Her presence does not settle well in my stomach as my nerves tie it up in a knot. "To what do we owe this appearance? For the Senate to greet you?" Zion asks, taking my hand in his as memories flood my mind of what we just did. He gave no shits in the world either to me being on my period, meaning I should either be grossed out or he is a keeper who doesn't care how bad my body may seem that day.

"Your majesty, the war efforts have not gone unnoticed by my kingdom's elders," Keva informs, causing me to raise an eyebrow. Last I heard the elves wanted no part in our war to come, saying that it was not meant to be. Elves and witches are the balancers of peace, they make sure that the humans do not uncover our existence without it being time. Made from stardust in the first age, the elves were meant to make sure the supernatural races would be protected until fate decided otherwise. "And the elders of my kingdom have come up with a deal."

I raise an eyebrow. Since when do the elves change their minds like this? "I'm sorry, but what is your status in the elf community?" I ask, eyes falling upon me with that question. For sure some Alphas did not like my question. "Just out of curiosity."

"I, Lady Sybil, am a seeker, one who studies the stars and interprets dreams to those my creator chooses. Right now, I come to you as a messenger of the news." I nod, watching as Keva reaches out her hand, opening her palm as the golden flakes appear. They are beautiful as always.

Spiraling up to the ceiling, they expand on population, filling up the ceiling area, causing it to glow a golden hue. Simply beautiful. I've heard of the elf palaces, of the beauty so few out of the elf kingdom get to witness. "What is the deal?" I ask, taking the words from Zion's mouth as Keva looks around to the Alphas.

Zion walks to his seat, motioning Keva to one that a footman is pulling up beside one Alpha from British Columbia. "We are offering to send one hundred of our best archers." But for what? Even though it is such a small number, these elves know their tactics and how to kill. Hell, they live for so many years that their skills become flawless. Elves make the perfect hunters and killers. But everyone knows the price of elves loaning you their troops is high.

"For what in return?" Zion asks as I take my seat beside him and Alpha Nixon. "Are you seeking land, a pea-

"We seek, your majesty, a small little favor from the wolf kingdom when the time comes."

"What is it?" Alpha Axel asks, the young Alpha's pale blue eyes glancing at me shortly. Rumor says he recently found is mate.

Keva smiles, glancing around the massive table as the Alphas are silent, awaiting her answer just like me. "What we seek is a favor, an IOU situation where, when the times comes, we shall call upon the Wolf Kingdom for help, and you shall return the favor."