Ch. 9 The Robinsons

When our lunch was over, we both headed back to work. We didn't see each other the rest of the day.

Around five, I went to my townhouse and changed into a low cut satin teal skater dress. I redid my makeup and curled my hair.

I stepped back and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked really nice. I actually surprised myself a bit.

Jen came in my room. "Wow. You look incredible."

"Too much? I'm meeting Reed's dad. I worked with his mom during trial, but I've never met him and I just-I want to impress them. A first impression can set a tone for a whole relationship and I don't want to mess this one up. I just-I can't."

"Oh, my God."

I looked at her with wide eyes. "What? Is there something on my dress?"

"Georgia, you're in love with him."

I looked down at myself, then I looked at her. "He makes me happy. I can't explain it. I know it's soon, but I just have a gut feeling."

"Good for you. I'm happy for you. And his parents will love you, trust me. There's nothing to worry about."

I nodded.

"Now, get going. You'll be late."

I quickly walked to Reed's place and rang the doorbell.

"It's open!" he shouted.

I walked in and stood in the foyer. I called, "It's just me!"

"I'll be down in a minute."

I went into the living room and looked at the books on his bookshelf. I ran my fingertips along the spines.

"You read much?" he asked.

"A bit."

"Did you go home?"

"Yeah, I didn't want to wear work clothes," I spoke.

"So what are you wearing under that jacket of yours?" he asked.

I turned to him and undid my jacket. I took it off.

His breath caught, his eyes widening a bit.

"Oh, it's too much. I knew it was too much. I can change. I can-"

"Georgia, stop."

I stopped talking.

"Come here," he spoke, barely above a whisper.

I walked to him.

He gave me a kiss and whispered, "You look incredible."

"Thank you."

He placed his hands on my waist. "This dress. You. I can't even function right now."

"Too sexy?"

"No, it's perfect. I like this color."

"Maybe you'll get a tie in it for Christmas or something."

He smiled and gave me a kiss.