Ch. 64 More

I woke in the middle of the night, feeling a bit off. I had a little too much to drink at dinner and all the emotions of the night got my stomach whirling. I went to roll onto my back, and rolled onto someone.

Immediately, I jumped away, a scream escaping my lips. I jumped out of bed and tried to reach for the light, but knocked it over, shattering the bulb and lamp.

The other bedside lamp turned on, shining a dim light in the room.

Reed was in the bed, wearing the Syracuse shirt I'd given him a while back. "Jesus, Georgia! What's wrong?"

"What are you doing here?" I breathlessly gasped, putting a hand to my chest.

"My parents were having friends over and Peter had a lady over. I didn't know where to go."

"You could've gone to the guest room!" I snapped.

There was a quick knock on my door. "Judge? Judge, is everything okay?" Marta urgently asked.

"Yes, everything's okay. I'm sorry I woke you."

"Another nightmare?" she asked.

Reed looked at me curiously, raising a brow.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thank you. Please, return to bed."

"Yes, Judge. Get some rest."

"You too." I waited until I heard her leave before I looked at Reed.

He got out of bed and began to clean up the glass. He grabbed a trash can from underneath my vanity and put the pieces in it.

"Was that super expensive?" I asked.

"Not terribly. We can get another one. I'll call our interior designer in the morning."

I nodded.

When he finished, he turned to me. "I'll go to the guestroom, then. Sorry for startling you." He stepped around me and went to open the door.

"Reed, wait." I turned to him.

He turned to me.

I walked up to him and pulled him into a kiss. I kissed him deeply.

He lifted me into his arms and carried me into the bed. He laid me down, laying on top of me. 

His hands ran all over me, touching me everywhere he possibly could. His hands went in and out of my shorts, my shirt. He was really working hard to make sure I was being thoroughly pleased.

I tangled my hands in his hair, pulling his lips back to mine. I lightly scratched his scalp, earning a deep moan.

When it was all becoming too much to handle, my hands went to his pants.

He pulled back. "Georgia-"

"What?"

"We shouldn't. I don't want you to think that's why I'm here or that that's what I want."

"Well, don't you?"

He didn't say anything. He looked like he didn't know what to say.

"Reed?"

Nothing.

"Well, I want to and you're my husband. It's not like I can go out and get someone else. Can you just do this for me, please?" I couldn't fathom that I was nearly begging my own husband for sex. . . but damn did I need it.

Reed quickly obliged.

We became completely consumed by one another. It had been a while since we were that intimate, but I didn't care. In that moment, I didn't care that he'd cheated or that our marriage was falling apart, I just cared about us and our connection.