Ch. 51 Wedding Prep

A few weeks passed since we'd returned from Italy.

Life had gotten even crazier. There were meetings and cases and trials--it was difficult to make time for each other. It made me glad we had Italy, that we had that time together. Apart from the drama with Eva, it was a relaxing trip, and Reed and I figured out us. We were looking forward to the wedding.

I was at the courthouse all the time, in court or in my chambers. I spent nearly fourteen hours there every day. It was exhausting, but the work needed to be done.

With four weeks until the wedding, four weeks until the honeymoon, I had a lot to make up for and a lot to get ready for. The work was never ending, and it meant I didn't get to see Reed much. But he understood. His work was the same way. He was figuring out who would take what case during the honeymoon, who would work on what.

It was a Friday when I was sitting in my chambers and a knock sounded on my door. Like old times, the only one who ever knocked on my door lately was Andy, so I was surprised when Marie and Renee walked in the door.

I looked up. "Oh, hello."

"Judge, you're getting married in four weeks. Do you know how many dress fittings you've had?" Marie asked.

"Uh, one? I don't know."

"Four weeks is not a lot of time," Renee spoke.

"I'm working. I don't have time to-"

"We know you can't leave, so we brought it to you."

"What?"

Marie looked out. "Come on in."

My office was suddenly filled with Robinson women. A woman I didn't know came in.

"Georgia, this is our seamstress, Ms. Theresa," Marie smiled.

"How do you do?" the older woman smiled. She looked a little spunky.

"Um, well, how are you?" I asked.

"Oh, lovely, darling. Stand up. Let me see you."

"Guys, I really don't have time-"

"You need to make time," Marie spoke.

"I-"

"Don't you want to marry our brother?" Renee asked.

"I do, but-"

Aunts came around my desk and lifted me up, and before I knew it, I was standing in my wedding dress in my chambers. It fit like a glove. It was perfect. I didn't know what they were freaking out about.

The moment they got me in it, there was a knock on the door. Andy spoke, "Judge?"

"Yeah, Andy?"

He looked in. "Time for--whoa. You look pretty."

"Thanks. Time for what?"

"Court."

I felt a wave of panic go through me. "I'm going to be late."

"Wear it to court," Andy spoke. "Think of it like breaking in new shoes."

I looked at Ms. Theresa. "Would that be okay?"