Ch. 38 Date

A few days later, I woke early and turned over to Reed.

He was looking at me, watching me carefully.

"What?" I asked, turning to him. I smiled at him.

"Just thinking."

Not again. I sighed.

He took my hand and smiled, "You go back to work today."

"I get to do cases with merit!" I smiled at him.

He smiled and gave me a kiss. "When do you have to be at work?"

"I have court at ten."

He nodded. "Do you want a shower?"

I smiled at him. "I could use a shower."

He got out of bed and came around to me. He helped me from the bed and carried me to the master bath, where we continued to undress and shower.

After our long, hot shower, we got out and dried off.

I dried my hair and curled it, then I sat and did my makeup. I went to our closet.

Reed was getting dressed in his usual black slacks and white shirt. He turned as I came in.

I put on a sleeveless black pencil dress and slipped on a matching blazer. I stepped into a pair of black heels.

He smiled at me. "Are you excited?"

"Yeah, I am."

He took my hand and led me downstairs. He pulled me to the kitchen.

Marta poured us cups of coffee to go.

Reed led me to the elevator.

We got in and went downstairs.

Reed turned to me before we reached his floor. He kissed my head. "Let me know what your schedule is like, okay?"

"I will. Have a good day, okay?" I looked up at him.

He gave me a sweet kiss.

I smiled and pulled back.

When he got off the elevator, I sighed. I wondered who the lawyers on my first case in my new court would be.

I walked to work in a really good mood. I was ready to get back. Everything had happened so fast, but I was ready to get back to work. Without work, I didn't have much. I was insanely bored.

When I got to the courthouse, I made my way to Judge Albright's chambers.

Sue was at the secretary's desk. She smiled, "Good morning, Judge."

"Hi, Sue," I smiled. "How are you?"

"Doing well. And yourself? Excited to be back?"

"Very excited to be back," I smiled, looking at my name on the door. 'The Office of Judge Georgia Monroe: Criminal Court' was on the door in gold lettering. I smiled at Sue. "What's on today's agenda?"

I went over to her desk.

She handed me a couple case files.

"Thank you."

She nodded.

I went to my chambers. 'The Chambers of Judge Monroe" was written out in gold letters on the glass door. I smiled and went in. I put the folders on my desk and sat down.