Ch. 46 Romance

The following morning, I woke in my black negligee. I was beside Reed. I was sated, still reveling in our late night lovemaking.

The memories of the day before rushed through my mind. Some of them were welcome and some weren't so welcome. But it was the 26th. The only thing we had to do was go to a couple Broadway performances.

I turned to Reed, watching him as he slept soundly beside me. He looked so calm and peaceful, better than he'd looked in weeks.

I reached over and moved a piece of hair from his face.

A small smile spread across his lips. "Good morning."

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you."

"I'm glad you did. Come here." He tightened his arm that was around me and pulled me onto him.

My bare legs touched his.

I put my hands on either side of his face. I gave him a sweet kiss and pulled back.

He smiled, "I'm a lucky man."

I smiled and gave him another kiss.

He pulled back and smiled, "What time is Jen going to be here?"

I hesitated. I hadn't even asked her. To be honest, I didn't want her to go. I wanted Reed to go. I just wasn't sure if he'd want to go...

"What?" he asked, running a hand over my hair.

"Would you come with me?" I asked, trying not to sound like a middle school girl who was trying to ask a guy out. I was asking out my fiancé. I had no reason to be as nervous as I was.

"Did Jen not want to go?"

"I-I hadn't asked her."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want her to come. I want you to come. I want to spend the day with you. We-We never go on dates. We never go out. I thought this might be fun."

"Okay."

"Okay what?"

"Okay, I'll come with you."

"Really?" I smiled.

"Yes, of course," he smiled.

"I didn't think this was your thing."

"But you want me to go, so I'll go with you."

"It's that simple?"

"Yes, it is," he smiled. "Now, we need a shower." He sat us up.

The proximity was intoxicating.

Reed smiled and whispered, "I want to finish opening my Christmas gift."

I rose a brow.

He reached around my back and unhooked my negligee. He tossed it aside. His eyes looked me over. "God, I'm a lucky man."

I smiled and gripped his shoulders. "Shower with a twist?"

He smiled and nodded. He stood, holding me around him, and went into the restroom. He went straight to the shower.

We had a very intimate shower. It was nice and steamy. Literally. The walls around us fogged up as we moved with one another. Our last shower together had been quick and dirty. This was slower and more special. Reed took his time loving me, which was a novel feeling, especially in a shower.