Ch. 58 Uncertainty

A few weeks passed.

I'd been in therapy a few weeks, working through my anxiety and attempting to get down to the root of my anxiety issue. For the most part, it was going pretty well. I was feeling much better about everything--all of my stress was being dealt with, which I hadn't realized I needed to be dealing with before therapy.

I hadn't told Reed. I wasn't ready to tell him. The moment I told him, he'd be concerned. He'd want to know everything, but I wasn't sure I was ready for that conversation. Yes, we'd been together for over a year and married for a couple of months, but I was still learning how to not be independent, which was actually quite difficult to do.

But one day, as I sat on the navy couch in her office, she sat upright, finishing whatever she was writing.

We had been about to end a session.

"I would like you to bring your husband to the next session," she spoke, looking at me with soft, serious eyes.

"Reed? You want me to bring Reed?"

"Are you married to more than one man?" she smirked, stifling a laugh.

"No. I just-Do I have to bring him?"

"I think it's time to bring him in on our discussions. You still haven't told him?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I'm afraid to. I don't want him to see all the anxiety and pain and hurt. He doesn't need that kind of darkness."

"Georgia, he's your husband. You wanted to know how to let him in? This is how you do it. And from what I hear, he's pretty crazy about you. I think you'll be fine, and I think he needs to know. We meet again on Thursday. Bring him."

I sighed and nodded. "Okay."

But I didn't tell him right away.

He worked incredibly late on Tuesday night, so I was in bed by the time he fell into bed. I don't even think his head hit the pillow before he fell asleep, because when I woke he was in his work clothes.

Then, Wednesday morning was crazy. We had to get ready quickly and head straight to court.

All day, we were in and out of court. That was our life. We were constantly moving, having barely any time to breathe or see each other. We were like a whirlwind, spinning and spinning.

Wednesday night was just like Tuesday. Reed had a big case he was working on, so he had to work late with Peter and Evan.

I'd go and check on them, bring them coffee and make sure they were all still alive. They were still alive, but they were exhausted. Between the three of them, they may have gotten out a defense plan, but the strength of it was another story--luckily, they worked on it during the day too to make sure it made sense.

Anyway, Reed was stressed. He really didn't need me to confront him about therapy. But I did.

He was at work before I even woke up on Thursday. He left a note and texted me two apologizes for not telling me goodbye.

I was at work and I knew I had to tell him. I didn't have court until the afternoon and I'd read all of my case files, so I decided it was time to tell him.